Our energy transactions attorneys have deep experience in acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures with respect to upstream oil and gas properties, pipelines, gathering systems, processing and treatment facilities, LNG facilities, drilling and service company assets, and renewal energy assets. And we have particular experience advising oil and gas companies on the formation of joint venture agreements in the domestic shale plays.
We are highly experienced in such transactions as:
- Representing energy companies in the formation of joint ventures.
- Representing energy companies in the acquisition of oil and gas producing assets, natural gas storage facilities, shale leases, and competing businesses.
- Representing MLPs in drop-down acquisitions.
- Representing producers in asset divestitures of all kinds.
- Representation of Ascent Resources, LLC in the acquisition of natural gas and oil properties from Hess Corporation, CNX Resources, Utica Minerals Development, and a fourth undisclosed seller for $1.5 billion.
- Representation of BHP Billiton in the sale of certain Eagle Ford Shale assets.
- Representation of Noble Energy in the $3.2 billion acquisition of 50% of a company’s Marcellus oil and gas development leases and the related joint venture development agreement.
- Representation of Ascent Resources, LLC in the $1.7 billion acquisition of Utica and Marcellus properties from East Resources, Inc.
- Representation of Black Stone Minerals, L.P. in the $340 million acquisition of a large and diverse mineral and royalty package from affiliates of Noble Energy.
- Representation of Red Mountain Energy and IOG Capital in the sale of its STACK position to SandRidge Energy.
- Representation of Noble Energy in the $1.225 billion divestiture of Marcellus Shale assets to an undisclosed buyer.
- Representation of Middle Fork Energy Partners, LLC in an acquisition of natural gas and oil producing properties, undeveloped acreage, and related assets located in the Uinta Basin for $155 million from QEP Energy Company.
- Representation of Talisman Energy in the $1.325 billion acquisition of Eagle Ford shale leases and formed a joint venture to develop the fields with Statoil.
- Representation a Special Committee of the Gulfport Energy Corporation Board of Directors in the $372 million and $220 million acquisition of Utica Shale Acreage from Windsor Ohio.
- Representation of EPL Oil & Gas in the purchase of oil and gas assets in the Gulf of Mexico from Hilcorp Energy Co. for $550 million.
- Representation of White Star Petroleum, LLC in the acquisition of Mississippi Lime and Woodford Shale assets from Devon Energy Corporation for $200 million.
- Representation of an affiliate of Petrohawk Energy (now BHP Billiton) in a series of transactions to develop and later sell a $2 billion shale natural gas gathering system in Louisiana.
- Representation of Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ETP) and Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL) in an agreement to sell 36.75% of the Bakken Pipeline Project, which includes the Dakota Access pipeline and the Energy Transfer Crude Oil pipeline, for $2 billion in cash to MarEn Bakken Company LLC, an entity jointly owned by Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P. and Marathon Petroleum.
- Representation of a Chevron subsidiary in numerous gas purchase and sales agreements, gas storage agreements, gas transportation agreements and interconnect agreements with its customers.
- Negotiation of gas gathering and processing agreement covering Newfield Exploration’s STACK acreage position with major Oklahoma midstream provider.
- Representation of Targa Resources in numerous gas gathering and processing, crude gathering, marketing and related midstream agreements.
- Representation of Western Gas in restructuring of gas gathering and crude gathering agreements for major systems located in the Maverick Basin of South Texas.
- Representation of Five Point Capital in a joint venture with Matador Resources to co-own and operate midstream assets formerly-owned by the producer and to expand to include processing.
- Representation of Crestwood Equity Partners in the formation of a joint venture and sale down of Tres Palacios storage facility.
- Representation of Enbridge in acquisition of Eaglebine gathering system and negotiation of long-term gathering agreement.
- Representation of Talisman Energy to arrange gathering, processing and fractionation of its joint venture production from Eagle Ford Shale leases with more than five (5) different midstream service providers.
- Representation of ARM Energy, LLC in the negotiation of separate construction and installation and engineering and procurement agreements related to a 200MMscf/d cryogenic processing facility to be developed in Oklahoma.
- Representation of management group of Azure Midstream Energy in the $910 million acquisition of TGGT Holdings, a joint venture between EXCO Resources Inc. and BG Group PLC, with the backing of Energy Spectrum Capital.
- Representation of Canyon Midstream in numerous specialty gas purchase and sales agreements, gas storage agreements, gas transportation agreements and interconnect agreements with its customers.
- Representation of Freepoint Commodities LLC in the sale by Hess of a crude oil and petroleum products storage terminal at the former Hovensa refinery in the U.S. Virgin Islands, including negotiation of the related joint venture agreement with ArcLight Capital Partners, LLC.
- Co-Managing Partner
- Senior Counsel
- Of Counsel
- Co-Managing Partner
- Firm News, 08.24.2017
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in the $271M Proposed Acquisition of Wyoming Refining CompanyFirm News, 06.17.2016
- Porter Hedges Represents Vantage Energy in the Successful Bid of $339.5M for Oil and Gas Assets from Alpha Natural ResourcesFirm News, 06.03.2016