Emily Pendleton focuses her practice on complex construction and commercial disputes. She has experience in all aspects of construction related claims including defects, delays, bonds, liens, change orders, force majeure, warranty, default, retainage, and more. She has assisted in the resolution of cases through both trial and alternate dispute resolutions.
Emily also assists in the representation of companies to analyze risk and resolve problems in connection with highly complex construction transactions, with an emphasis on energy construction, industrial construction, commercial construction, renewable construction, and EPC contracts.
Emily received her J.D., summa cum laude, from South Texas College of Law Houston, where she served as Editor in Chief of the South Texas Law Review. While in law school, she also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable David Hittner of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
Emily is a regular contributor to the Porter Hedges Construction Law Blog.
J.D., South Texas College of Law Houston, summa cum laude, 2017
South Texas Law Review, Editor-in-Chief
B.A., University of Texas at Austin, Urban Studies, 2014
United States District Court Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- Represented Owner in a dispute relating to a $117 million gas processing facility involving over 30 lien claims.
- Represented Owner in a dispute relating to a $120 million wind farm involving delays and liquidated damages.
- Represented Owner in a dispute relating to a $90 million gas processing facility involving claims between the owner, surety, and lien claimants and a contractor in bankruptcy.
- Represented Contractor in dispute against Owner relating to $100 million change orders on a pipeline.
- Won an appeal for Design Professional in the Fourteenth District Court of Appeals.
- Represented Owner in a dispute over residential construction receiving a DTPA judgment inclusive of treble damages.
- Drafted, negotiated, and reviewed construction and engineering MSAs and EPC agreements.
- Firm News, 03.22.2023
- Firm News, 06.03.2022
- Firm News, 06.08.2021
- Firm News, 07.10.2019
- Firm News, 07.10.2018
- Firm News, 03.23.2018
- "Porter Hedges Announces 2023 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinder Program Participants," The Texas LawbookMedia Mention, 04.03.2023
- Media Mention, 08.03.2020
- "Mechanic’s Liens in Texas," 20th Annual State Bar of Texas – Collections & Creditor’s Rights CourseSpeaking Engagement, 05.2022
- Texas Construction Law Blog, 05.17.2023
- Texas Construction Law Blog, 11.08.2021
- Texas Construction Law Blog, 06.03.2021
- Texas Construction Law Blog, 01.14.2020
- Texas Construction Law Blog, 11.29.2018
- Texas Construction Law Blog, 06.14.2018
Houston Bar Association - Construction Law, Member
Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member