Jamie Houston focuses his practice on employment litigation, with a concentration on non-compete and non-solicit agreement matters, including misappropriation of trade secrets. He also counsels clients on cases involving layoffs and terminations, wage and hour issues, discrimination claims, and has experience in both prosecuting and defending restrictive covenants.
J.D., University of Kentucky College of Law, 2015
Kentucky Journal of Equine & Natural Resources Law: Senior Editor
Trial Advocacy Board
Black Law Students Association: Parliamentarian
M.P.A., Stephen F. Austin State University, 2011
B.A., Stephen F. Austin State University, 2010
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Judicial Intern, Honorable Kenneth M. Hoyt, United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Second-chaired federal court trial and obtained defense judgment in favor of employer against claims of discrimination.
- Successfully defended several charges of discrimination filed by employees and former employees of multinational chemical corporation.
- Presented oral argument and obtained summary judgment in state court on breach of contract claim filed by former executive seeking bonuses and trail commissions.
- Presented oral argument and obtained summary judgment in federal court in ADA discrimination, hostile work environment and constructive discharge case against a large, public employer.
- Conducted workplace investigation into claims of harassment and discrimination by co-workers and supervisor.
- Prosecuted non-compete agreement against oil and gas executive and obtained favorable settlement agreement.
- Represented employer in obtaining relief against an employee who downloaded confidential information and trade secrets before leaving to work for a competitor.
- Obtained injunctive relief against a client’s former employee and his new employer after the former employee violated his non-solicitation and non-competition agreements with the client.
- Firm News, 11.14.2022
- Firm News, 04.06.2022
- Firm News, 04.01.2022
- Media Mention, 09.27.2022
Houston Bar Association
American Bar Association Litigation Section – 2021-2022 Working Group Member
National Employment Law Council
Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Pathfinder, 2022