Shane Johnson advises clients on insolvency matters, including debtors, DIP lenders, official committees of unsecured creditors, and other creditors across many industries, including energy, finance, and media.
Prior to joining Porter Hedges, Shane worked at an international law firm.
Honors & Recognitions
Bankruptcy Firm of the Year, Chambers USA (Texas), 2019
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2012
B.J., University of Texas at Austin, with high honors, 2009
United States District Court for the Southern and Western Districts of Texas
United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Law Clerk, the Honorable Allan L. Gropper, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York
- Law Clerk, the Honorable H. Christopher Mott, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas
Shane’s representations have included the following:
- Debtors in PetroQuest Energy Inc.’s bankruptcy case.
- A liquidating Trustee in Montco Offshore Inc.’s bankruptcy case.
- Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors of Abengoa Bioenergy US Holding, LLC and Abeinsa Holding Inc.
- The second largest single creditor in Seadrill Limited’s bankruptcy case with a $1 billion claim.
- An electricity supply company in the Linn Energy bankruptcy case.
- A DIP lender in the Juniper GTL bankruptcy case.
- An Indenture Trustee of Puerto Rico bonds as part of the Commonwealth's restructuring.
- A Foreign Representative of a Chinese solar company in a chapter 15 proceeding.
- A French film distribution company in Relativity Media's bankruptcy case.
- An investment management and advisory services company in the Petters' bankruptcy case.
- A contract counterparty in the Caesars bankruptcy case.
- Firm News, 06.24.2019
State Bar of Texas, Bankruptcy Law Section
Houston Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section
Houston Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers
American Bankruptcy Institute
Turnaround Management Association