J.D., magna cum laude, Southwestern Law School, 2006
B.S., summa cum laude, Northeastern University, 2003
United States District Court Southern, Northern and Western Districts of Texas
Aaron Power is a partner in the bankruptcy section and corporate practice group of Porter Hedges LLP. Aaron's practice focuses on corporate reorganizations and restructurings, creditors’ rights, and trustee representation.
Prior to joining Porter Hedges, Aaron served as a law clerk to the Honorable Carolyn Dineen King of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the Honorable Jeff Bohm of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas.
Aaron was selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers for Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights in 2017 & 2018 and Texas Rising Stars for Bankruptcy in 2013-2016.
- Representation of Chapter 7 Trustees in connection with bankruptcy litigation and matters related to estate liquidation and administration.
- Post-confirmation trustee and plan agent representation in chapter 11 cases, including Diabetes America, Inc. and Busy Body, Inc.
- Representation of secured creditors and debtor-in-possession lenders in reorganizations of Buccaneer Resources LLC.
- Representation of chapter 11 trustee in Brown Medical Center, Inc.
- Representation of chapter 7 trustee in Quality Infusion Care, Inc.
- Representation of debtor in Bigler LP
- Representation of preference and fraudulent transfer defendants in bankruptcy cases through the country.
- Representation of financial institutions in defending lender liability claims.
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- Houston Bar Association - Bankruptcy Section, Board Member (2013-present)
- Adjunct Professor of Business Bankruptcy at University of Houston Law Center (2013)
- Houston Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers, President (2011-2012)
- Turnaround Management Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas - Bankruptcy Section, Member
- “Proofs of Claim and Claim Objections,” Bankruptcy 101, 31st Annual Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Conference (02/03/16)
- "Proper Objections to Discovery Requests under the Federal Rules," Southern District of Texas Bankruptcy Bench Bar (06/19/14)
- "How to take an Appeal from a Bankruptcy Court's Order: Appealability and a Step-by-Step Guide," 31st Annual Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference (11/2012)
- "Searching for a Definition of 'Specific and Unequivocal:' An Update on the Application of United Operating’s Standard for Retention of Causes of Action Under 11 U.S.C. § 1123(b)(3)," 30th Annual Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference (11/2011)
- "363(k) Credit Bidding Issues," 28th Annual Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference (11/2009)
- Presenter, "How to Perfect a Direct Appeal from the Bankruptcy Court to the Fifth Circuit," University of Texas CLE - Fourth Annual Consumer Bankruptcy Practice (2008)
- "Top Law Review Articles that Practitioners and Judges Should Know About," National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges, Orlando FL (10/2007)
- "Some Do’s and Don’ts in the Practice of Bankruptcy," Contributor, University of Texas CLE – Third Annual Consumer Bankruptcy Practice, Galveston, TX (06/2007)