Ashley Prieto counsels clients on environmental, health, and safety issues relating to a variety of regulatory programs, including air and water quality, and solid and hazardous waste. She represents clients in a range of industries, including oil and gas, oilfield service, chemicals, construction, waste management, and manufacturing.
Ashley has represented clients involved in a range of regulatory, permitting, remediation, compliance, and enforcement matters, including negotiating agreed orders in state and federal enforcement actions, representing clients performing remediation efforts pursuant to the Texas Voluntary Cleanup Program, and representing clients in determining the applicability of state and federal regulatory programs. She has also represented clients involved in federal Superfund cost recovery litigation and corporate clients regarding environmental due diligence arising out of various transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, financings, and real property exchanges.
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, with honors, 2006
B.S., Texas A&M University, magna cum laude, 2003
United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Fortune 1000 company in defense of a state enforcement action related to RCRA issues.
- Private investors in acquiring manufacturing, service, and oil and gas businesses.
- Public companies involved in multi-billion-dollar transactions.
- Defense of federal Superfund and state Texas Solid Waste Disposal Act cost recovery actions.
- Remediation projects involving soil, groundwater, and surface water issues, including some with off-site concerns.
- Corporate finance advisory firm in environmental due diligence regarding a gas storage financing deal (named as the 2011 North American Oil & Gas Deal of the Year by Project Finance magazine).
- Developing and/or evaluating regulatory compliance programs involving the federal Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, and various state regulatory programs
- Firm News, 03.27.2018
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in $70M+ Acquisition of Cenex® Zip Trip Retail Locations in Washington and IdahoFirm News, 01.09.2018
- Porter Hedges Receives American Lawyer 2015 Global Legal Award for Global Finance Deal of the Year: Project FinanceFirm News, 07.23.2015
- Media Mention, 12.04.2014
- Speaking Engagement, 02.28.2017
State Bar of Texas, Member
Houston Bar Association, Council Member of Environmental Law Section
Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member