Nick Sorensen represents parties to single-lender, club, and syndicated credit facilities in a wide range of financing transactions. He also represents project participants in the development, financing, ownership and operation of energy and infrastructure projects, and parties in mergers and acquisitions.
Among the areas of finance in which Nick regularly represents clients are the following:
| || |
| || |
Honors & Recognitions
Chambers USA, Leading Lawyer in Banking and Finance Law (Texas)
Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law and Corporate Law
Who’s Who Legal, Project Finance
Texas Super Lawyers, Banking
J.D., Brigham Young University - J. Reuben Clark Law School, cum laude, 1987
B.S., Brigham Young University, cum laude, 1984
Nick Sorensen’s representations have included the following:
- A health care company in a syndicated credit facility with a revolving credit facility and term loan.
- A domestic asset-based lender in financing for a paper merchant and distributor of industrial paper products and cleaning chemicals.
- A domestic engineering, commissioning, and marine services company in a senior secured credit facility with a non-bank lender.
- A regional domestic bank in financing the development of a warehouse, handling, and rail facility at the Port of Houston.
- A foreign bank and its leasing affiliate, as the administrative agent for a syndicate of lenders for synthetic lease construction financing for the new headquarters of a Fortune 500 energy company.
- A foreign bank and its leasing affiliate, as the administrative agent for a syndicate of lenders for synthetic lease construction financing for the new headquarters of a Fortune 500 agribusiness company.
- A domestic lender in financing to construct a dedicated pipeline for a gas-fired power plant.
- A regional domestic bank, as the administrative agent for a syndicate of lenders for financing a downstream service company.
- A regional domestic bank, as the administrative agent for a group of lenders for acquiring and expanding a domestic whisky distillery.
- A foreign bank, as the administrative agent for a syndicate of lenders for developing and constructing a gas storage facility.
- A developer, as the administrative agent in its financing with a foreign bank for a syndicate of lenders for developing a gas storage facility.
- A foreign bank, as the administrative agent for a syndicate of lenders for financing the construction of refinery assets.
- A domestic bank, as the administrative agent for a syndicate of lenders for the construction of a bulk handling, deep water dock and a ship-loading facility.
- A Hong Kong-based fund in secured financing for an Australian public company.
- A midstream company, as administrative agent in its domestic bank financing for acquiring midstream assets.
- A regional domestic bank as the administrative agent in a senior secured credit facility to finance the acquisition of retail convenience stores.
- A domestic bank, as the administrative agent for a senior secured credit facility for a pipeline construction and energy services company.
- An exploration and development company, as administrative agent in a senior credit facility with International Finance Corporation and a foreign bank to finance the development of oil and gas properties in Turkey.
- A developer in the acquisition, development, and construction of a co-location and data storage facility.
- A pipeline development and construction company in selling of the company to a private equity group.
- An asset-based lender in a senior credit facility to finance a sponsor group’s leveraged acquisition and roll-up of four energy service companies and in negotiating an inter-creditor agreement with a second-lien lender.
- An asset-based lender in a senior secured credit facility for affiliated U.S. and Canadian borrowers in the oilfield service industry.
- Recognition, 08.19.2021
- Firm News, 05.20.2021
- Firm News, 11.24.2020
- Recognition, 09.08.2020
- Recognition, 08.19.2020
- Recognition, 04.23.2020
- Recognition, 09.03.2019
- Recognition, 08.15.2019
- Recognition, 05.01.2019
- Recognition, 08.15.2018
- Recognition, 05.04.2018
- Recognition, 08.15.2017
- Recognition, 05.26.2017
- Recognition, 04.06.2017
- Recognition, 08.15.2016
- Recognition, 05.27.2016
- Recognition, 08.17.2015
- Porter Hedges Receives American Lawyer 2015 Global Legal Award for Global Finance Deal of the Year: Project FinanceRecognition, 07.23.2015
- Recognition, 05.19.2015
- Recognition, 11.05.2014
- "Houston-based oil field services co. completes acquisition of local seismic data co.’s assets," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 07.26.2018
- "Houston-based seismic data co. files for Chapter 11, plans to sell assets to another local co." Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 06.27.2018
- Media Mention, 06.27.2018
- Publication, 10.06.2020
Boy Scouts of America, Tall Timbers District, Sam Houston Area Council, District Finance Vice - Chairman
Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program
Clayton Library Friends, Past President