The Porter Hedges Infrastructure Projects team advises clients with respect to the legal aspects of LNG infrastructure projects from the initial to the final stages. Our experience includes:
- Corporate structuring
- Mezzanine and senior debt financings
- Negotiating the FEED as well as the EPC
- Navigating complex regulatory approvals
- Operational LNG sales contracts
- Terminal use agreements
- Gas supply and off-take agreements
We also advise on the state and local property and sales tax issues, including abatements, related to these types of projects.
- Representation of Shanghai Gorgeous Investment Development in its investment in, and development of, an LNG regasification import terminal and power plant in Panama City.
- Representation of Tellurian Inc. in connection with acquisition of natural gas production for liquefaction into LNG at its Driftwood Facility.
- Served as local counsel for Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. and Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc. in the first liquefaction train of an LNG project; conducted due diligence with respect to Texas real estate, commercial, and regulatory matters and consulted regularly on local law matters and on a variety of legal arrangements. Named 2015 “Project Finance Deal of the Year” by The American Lawyer.
- Representation of Macquarie Bank Limited in connection with worldwide syndication efforts in respect of liquefaction capacity at Freeport LNG.
- Representation of Shintech Incorporated in all aspects of siting, permitting and constructing a greenfield fully integrated chemical manufacturing facility in Iberville Parish, Louisiana.
- Representation of Southern Liquefaction Co. LLC, a Kinder Morgan company and unit of El Paso Pipeline Partners LP, in the formation of a joint venture with Shell US Gas & Power LLC to develop an LNG export plant with about 2.5 million tonnes/year in liquefaction capacity at Southern LNG Co. LLC’s existing Elba Island LNG terminal near Savannah, Georgia.
- Representation of Jordan Cove LNG in development of natural gas liquefaction and liquefied natural gas export facility located in Oregon.
- Advised Macquarie Bank Limited in respect of a loan by conducting due diligence on corporate governance, terminal use agreements, employment matters, intercompany agreements, facilities sharing agreement, real estate matters, ground leases, storage leases, environmental matters, regulatory approvals, commercial contracts, tax and insurance matters for an LNG project.
- Representation of Shintech Incorporated in the research and selection of a 2,000 acre site in Louisiana along the Mississippi River.
- Representation of Juniper GTL LLC with respect to project development and financing of a gas-to-liquids project in Louisiana.