Mike Larkin practices primarily in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, public and private offerings of securities, joint ventures and strategic alliances, and corporate and securities law. Mike represents companies primarily in the oil and gas, health care, telecommunications, technology, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, and professional services industries.
J.D., St. Mary's University School of Law, 1991
M.B.A., Texas Christian University, 1987
B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 1985
Mike’s representations have included the following:
Mergers and Acquisitions
- An online continuing education provider for emergency medical services and firefighting professionals in its sale to a portfolio company of a private equity firm.
- A privately held consumer products company in a leveraged recapitalization and sale transaction with private equity buyer.
- A NYSE listed energy company regarding numerous sales of subsidiaries and divisions resulting in gross proceeds exceeding $250 million.
- A NYSE listed company in a two-step tender offer and merger with an aggregate transaction value of more than $3 billion.
- A NYSE listed energy services company in acquiring a division of a publicly traded energy company with a transaction value of more than $50 million.
- A NYSE listed company regarding numerous add-on acquisitions with individual transaction values exceeding $10 million.
- A privately held brokerage and investment advisor regarding its merger with a Nasdaq listed company, having aggregate transaction value of approximately $30 million.
- A publicly traded foreign company in acquiring a refinery and related assets having a transaction of more than $200 million.
- A publicly traded Canadian drilling contractor in acquiring a division of a US-based drilling contractor with a transaction value exceeding $550 million.
- A NYSE listed exploration and production company in acquiring an offshore oil and gas division, having transaction value exceeding $250 million.
- Numerous privately held purchasers and sellers in stock and asset acquisitions, leveraged recapitalization transactions, and purchases and sales of subsidiaries and divisions.
- Underwriters in numerous PIPE transactions and underwritten offerings involving Nasdaq and NYSE companies.
- A Nasdaq listed energy services company in an underwritten follow on offering of common stock resulting in gross proceeds of more than $30 million.
- A NYSE listed energy company in numerous underwritten public offerings (both debt and common stock) and a 144A offering of convertible preferred stock, resulting in gross proceeds of more than $900 million.
- A NYSE listed exploration and production company in a 144A transaction involving issuance of debt securities, with a transaction value in excess of $450 million.
- A NYSE listed exploration and production company in its initial public offering and numerous registered follow on offerings.
- A publicly traded telecommunications company in issuing convertible preferred stock, common stock, and debt in numerous PIPE offerings resulting in gross proceeds of more than $100 million.
- Numerous public and privately held issuers in private placements of debt and equity securities.
- A NYSE.MKT issuer in underwritten offerings of preferred stock, including subsequent ATM offerings.
- A natural gas pipeline company regarding securities and general corporate matters, including listing and securities law compliance, disclosure matters, and numerous merger and acquisition transactions.
- Numerous publicly traded and privately held companies in the oil and gas exploration and production, pipeline, and oil field service industries as outside general counsel.
- Publicly traded companies in a cross section of industries (including telecommunications, technology, oil and gas exploration and production, oil and gas pipelines, and oil field services) in all aspects of SEC reporting, corporate governance matters, and general securities law.
Litigation Finance and Additional Expertise
- Numerous lenders, investors and borrowers in litigation finance transactions, including loans and prepaid forward structures.
- Attorneys and law firms in purchase and sale and joint venture transactions.
- Numerous corporate borrowers in connection with syndicated credit agreements, L/C facilities, and loan agreements.
- Media Mention, 08.03.2021
American Bar Association, Member
State Bar of Texas, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member
Association for Corporate Growth, Member