Porter Hedges provides full-service support to our renewable energy clients. We are capable of advising start-up companies on such issues regarding formation, employment, environmental, corporate structure, and technology protection. Once established, we continue our representation by assisting in the areas of governance, merger and acquisition, finance, development and acquisition opportunities and joint venture arrangements.
Our infrastructure team advises clients from the initial stages of investment and tax strategies to the development, acquisition, financing, construction and operation of renewable and alternative energy projects. Our lawyers are engaged in various sectors of the industry, including biomass, landfill gas-to-liquids, solar, and wind energy projects.
- Representation of a private European company in development of small-scale gas-to-liquids facilities.
- Representation of an Australian listed fund in stock purchase of companies owning six landfill gas-fueled plants in the Houston area.
- Representation of a private equity fund in comprehensive due diligence for acquisition of companies owning two large landfill-gas-to-energy projects and in negotiating EPC contracts for major expansion of both projects.
- Representation of a landfill gas-to-electricity developer in all aspects of the development, construction, and operation of over 100 MW of generation facilities, including negotiating and drafting power purchase agreements, development agreements, EPC contracts, interconnection agreements and O&M agreements.
- Representation of a developer in negotiation of project documents and bond financing for biomass power generation facility in east Texas.
- Representation of a developer of coal gasification technology in global joint venture agreements.
- Representation of a land owner in negotiation of wind lease for approximately 1,000 acre property in San Patricio County, Texas.
- Representation of publicly-traded Australian renewable energy company in development of biomass, coal-bed methane and wind projects in North America.
- Representation of developer in negotiation of project documents and bond financing for 45 MW biomass power generation facility in East Texas.
- Representation of lender in the sale of 30 MW landfill gas and natural gas fueled plant in Illinois.
- Representation of developer with respect to project development and financing of a gas-to-liquids project in Louisiana.
- Representation of renewable electricity provider in connection with project financing for suite of five electric generation facilities.
- Co-Managing Partner
- Senior Counsel
- Chair Emeritus
- "Fort Worth could start making money off your trash as city looks to tap landfill gas," Fort Worth Star Tele-GramMedia Mention, 01.30.2023
- Media Mention, 01.24.2020
- Speaking Engagement, 08.04.2022
- Speaking Engagement, 06.07.2021