Ken Alexander has more than thirty years’ experience representing public and privately held companies and individuals in complex federal and state court litigation, arbitrations, antitrust and competition law compliance, merger negotiations, pre-merger notification, and government investigations.
He primarily represents clients in the chemical, petrochemical, and construction industries. In addition, he advises on environmental and real estate litigation, trade secrets, insurance coverage, environmental claims, multiparty litigation strategies, directors' and officers' liability, antitrust and competition law compliance, and design of effective compliance programs.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Antitrust Litigation & Counseling
- Commercial Litigation
- Energy Litigation
- Financial Institution Litigation
- Professional Services and Malpractice
- Shareholder, Partnership and LLC Litigation
- White Collar & Corporate Internal Investigations
- Midstream Oil and Gas
- Oilfield Services / Drilling
- Upstream Oil and Gas
J.D., Harvard Law School, 1978
B.A., Rice University, magna cum laude, 1975
United States Supreme Court
United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
- Represented Formosa Plastics in litigation over long-term gas processing contract.
- Represented KBR in CERCLA and fraud litigation over a pipeline spill.
- Represented Prospect Capital in defending a lender liability fraud claim and recovering attorneys' fees.
- Represented Formosa Plastics in litigation over construction of a multi-billion-dollar chemical plant.
- Represented ICO, Inc. in an environmental insurance coverage dispute with AIG Insurance.
- Represented client in in trade secrets litigation over the use of engineering drawings.
- Represented an individual in litigation over mismanagement of $100 million family trust.
- Represented insureds in disputes with insurers over directors' and officers' coverage.
- Represented client in defending a complex construction contract and interpleader action involving more than 40 claimants to retainage funds of $2 million, successfully negotiating settlements with all parties.
- Represented environmental services firm in a multiparty lawsuit seeking a $200 million recovery of Superfund site cleanup costs.
- Represented target defendant in an antitrust lawsuit alleging conspiracy and monopolization in the credit reporting industry.
- Represented clients in numerous merger investigations by the Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission in a wide variety of industries, including the plastics, milk, gas pipeline, oil services, and credit reporting industries.
- Represented NKK Corporation in arbitration over construction of an offshore ore transfer station off coast of Venezuela.
- Represented publicly-held corporation in fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract claims against the former CEO and CFO of the corporation.
- Represented former shareholder in defending against a $100 million fraud and breach of contract lawsuit brought by First Data Corporation, which had purchased and later written off the acquired company.
- Represented private company in arbitrating a dispute with a software development firm.
- Represented advanced technology environmental services firm in defending antitrust litigation brought by a competitor.
- Represented large national bank in litigation with former borrowers.
- Represented client in litigation between a civil engineering firm and the City of Houston.
- Represented real estate development and management company in breach of contract and fraud litigation over developments and leases.
- Represented defendant in multiparty litigation alleging antitrust violations in the laboratory equipment industry.
- Represented TEPPCO in tax indemnity litigation with ConocoPhillips and BP.
- Represented former officers and directors of a publicly-held corporation against breach of fiduciary duty litigation brought by shareholders.
State Bar of Texas, Member
Houston Bar Association Antitrust Section, Chairman
American Bar Association, Member
Houston Bar Association Antitrust, Construction, and Litigation Sections, Member
Boy Scouts of America Troop 55 Houston, Scoutmaster
Palmer Memorial Episcopal, Chancellor