Our infrastructure team advises clients on various power industry project development and finance matters both domestically and internationally. We have addressed the negotiation of power purchase contracts, environmental issues facing development of new facilities and power, sales agreements, mergers & acquisitions, construction start-up, and modification of generation plants.
Working with our infrastructure projects team, our construction, environmental and litigation lawyers assist our power industry clients with such issues as construction and procurement contracts, regulatory guidance, permitting, tax, joint venture structuring and any associated disputes arising in both state and federal court.
- Representation of purchaser of 150 MW portfolio of power projects located across the United States.
- Representation of developer in negotiation of project documents and bond financing for 45 MW biomass power generation facility in East Texas.
- Representation of landfill gas to electricity developer in all aspects of the development, construction and operation of over 100 MW of generation facilities, including negotiating and drafting power purchase agreements, development agreements, EPC contracts, interconnection agreements and O&M agreements.
- Representation of lender in sale of 30 MW landfill gas and natural gas fueled plant in Illinois.
- Representation of developer with respect to project development and financing of a gas-to-liquids project in Louisiana.
- Representation of public company in global joint venture for coal gasification to power plants.
- Representation of private equity fund in comprehensive due diligence for acquisition of companies owning two large landfill-gas-to-energy projects and in negotiating EPC contracts for major expansion of both projects.
- Representation of acquirer of four electric power plants in Texas in the redevelopment of the power plants.
- Representation of Australian listed fund in stock purchase of companies owning six landfill gas-fueled plants in the Houston area.
- Representation of purchaser of company owning an 80 MW combined-cycle power plant in Texas.
- Representation of land owner in negotiation of wind lease for approximately 1,000 acre property in Texas.
- Representation of a purchaser of company owning a 75 MW natural gas fired generation facility in New York.
- Representation of renewable electricity provider in connection with project financing for suite of five electric generation facilities.