Ben Rajabi counsels a broad array of energy clients in transactional matters with a particular focus on the midstream sector, including:
- Acquisitions and divestitures of pipelines, gathering systems, storage facilities and related midstream infrastructure facilities for crude oil, natural gas, produced water, and constituent products
- Joint ventures for midstream and downstream energy projects
- Natural gas purchase, sales and marketing agreements and NAESB agreements
- Gathering, processing, treating, supply, storage, and related midstream operational agreements for crude oil, natural gas, and produced water
- Engineering, procurement and construction agreements for midstream and downstream infrastructure projects, including pipelines, gathering systems, LNG, and CNG terminals
- Operation and maintenance agreements for midstream and downstream infrastructure projects
- Acquisitions, divestitures, construction, installation, and operations agreements for renewable energy projects
- Acquisitions and divestitures of portfolios of oil and natural gas purchase, sales and hedging agreements
- Power purchase agreements
- Hedging agreements
Honors & Recognitions
The Legal 500, Recommended Lawyer in Energy Transactions: Oil and Gas
- Acquisitions, Divestitures and Joint Ventures
- Energy Transactions
- Marketing, Hedging and Derivatives
- Unconventional Resources
- Infrastructure Projects
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Midstream Oil and Gas
- Oilfield Services / Drilling
- Oilfield Water Supply and Offtake Infrastructure
- Renewable & Alternative
J.D., University of Houston Law Center, cum laude, 2008
B.A., Texas A&M University, summa cum laude, 2005
Ben’s representations have included the following:
Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Waterbridge Resources LLC in its acquisition of all of Halcón Resources Corporation’s water infrastructure assets across the Delaware Basin for a total deal value of $325 million, including related long-term commercial agreements for freshwater supply and disposal of produced water.
- Freepoint Commodities LLC in the $350 million sale by Hess of the storage terminal at the former Hovensa refinery in the U.S. Virgin Islands, including negotiating the related joint venture agreement with ArcLight Capital Partners, LLC.
- A portfolio company of Ares Management, L.P. in the acquisition of a gas gathering system and related assets located in the Permian Basin from a private equity-backed oil and gas exploration and production company.
- A diversified energy company focused on natural gas distribution and transmission services in the Middle-Atlantic, Southeast, and Midwest regions in acquiring a portfolio of retail natural gas sales and supply agreements and related hedging agreements in Pennsylvania.
- A Georgia-based natural gas service provider in acquiring a portfolio of natural gas sales and supply agreements in the Carolinas from a multinational oil and gas company.
- Par Pacific Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of refining assets from an affiliate of Island Energy Services, including the negotiation of a storage and throughput agreement.
- Tokyo Gas America in acquiring a minority stake in an approximately $600 million natural gas fired power plant under development near the Marcellus shale, including negotiating acquisition and joint venture agreements.
- A commodity trading company in acquiring a majority ownership investment in the owner and operator of a pyrolysis plant.
- An Oklahoma cooperative in selling an intrastate pipeline and related assets, including negotiating a related transportation agreement, access and easement agreements, a transition services agreement, and a construction agreement for metering facilities.
- Con Edison Development in an approximately $100 million acquisition of a 102 MW wind farm in Southern California
- Salt Creek Midstream, LLC and its affiliates in gas gathering, purchase and processing, crude oil gathering, and produced water gathering and disposal agreements with dozens of producers related to the development of SCM’s gathering systems in the Delaware Basin.
- Affiliates of Targa Resources in gas purchase and processing agreements, fractionation agreements, and NGL purchase and sale agreements.
- A midstream gas processor in multiple, long-term, gas gathering and processing agreements with various upstream producers in the STACK play in Oklahoma.
- A midstream gas processor in negotiating separate construction, installation, engineering, and procurement agreements related to a 200MMscf/d cryogenic processing facility to be developed in Oklahoma.
- An upstream portfolio company of EnCap Investments L.P. in spinning off its water infrastructure assets to a midstream affiliate and the development of form water management services agreements.
- Buckeye Partners, L.P. in storage and throughput and related agreements for crude oil and refined products.
- Magnolia LNG regarding its development of an LNG export terminal, including its $4.35 billion-dollar engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and operations and maintenance agreements, and a wide range of other project development and financing-related matters.
- The commodity arm of a multi-national investment bank in multiple billion-dollar, long-term, prepaid natural gas sales agreements.
- An offtaker at an 835 MW combined cycle power plant regarding the construction of a natural gas pipeline to bypass a local distribution company.
- Enbridge Inc. in negotiating a turbine supply agreement and a balance of plant agreement for a 103-megawatt wind farm located in West Virginia.
- Firm News, 07.10.2020
- The Legal 500 Ranks Porter Hedges Among the Leading Firms in the Country for Oil & Gas and Construction in 2020Firm News, 06.10.2020
- Firm News, 01.28.2020
- Porter Hedges Advises Franco-Nevada in the $300M Acquisition of Marcellus Shale Royalty Interests from Range ResourcesFirm News, 07.19.2019
- The Legal 500 Ranks Porter Hedges Among the Leading Firms in the Country for Oil & Gas and ConstructionRecognition, 06.06.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents WaterBridge Resources LLC in its $200 Million Acquisition of Water Infrastructure Assets from Halcón Resources CorporationFirm News, 12.21.2018
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the Closing of its $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 12.20.2018
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 08.30.2018
- Firm News, 08.24.2017
- Media Mention, 01.29.2020
- "UH Law Center receives gift from local law firm, renames career services center," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 01.28.2020
- Media Mention, 12.21.2018
- Media Mention, 09.06.2017
- Media Mention, 08.25.2017
- Publication, 04.01.2020
State Bar of Texas, Member