David Tidholm has a broad based counseling and commercial transactions practice focusing on the commodity, specialty chemical manufacturing, and real estate industries. His chemical industry practice is based on extensive experience in acquisitions, joint ventures, construction of facilities, environmental matters, financing, licensing, purchasing, and sales.
David's real estate practice currently consists of representing clients in acquiring, developing, and selling commercial and industrial real estate. His practice includes experience in partnerships, development agreements, purchase and sale agreements, financing, and leasing matters. In the past, he has had a significant commercial real estate lending practice and still maintains a limited practice in that area.
Honors & Recognitions
Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2007-2020
J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1978
B.A., University of Oklahoma, 1975
David’s representations have included the following:
- A Japanese chemical manufacturer in acquiring chemical production assets in The Netherlands.
- A Japanese chemical manufacturer in acquiring chemical production assets in Germany.
- A domestic chemical manufacturer in the permitting, development, and construction of two grassroots chemical production facilities in Louisiana.
- A developer in redeveloping historic structures on the Fort Sam Houston Army base in San Antonio, Texas.
- The acquirer of a former steel production facility on the Houston Ship Channel, Houston, Texas.
- The owner of a 12,000-acre industrial development in Harris and Chambers Counties, Texas.
- Recognition, 08.15.2019
- Firm News, 08.15.2018
- Firm News, 08.15.2017
- Firm News, 08.15.2016
- Firm News, 08.17.2015
- Firm News, 02.27.2015
State Bar of Texas, Member
American Bar Association, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member