Our real estate team advises purchasers, sellers and investors on the full range of acquisition and disposition transactions. Our clients include real estate development companies, pension funds, opportunity funds, real estate funds, hospitality industry participants, financial institutions, homebuilders, and users of real estate of all kinds. We have advised on all property types, including mixed-use development projects, retail shopping centers, hotels and resorts, commercial office buildings, industrial complexes, undeveloped land, and other properties and projects.
- Represented the seller of approximately 23,000 acres of land in Walker and Colorado Counties, Texas.
- Represented a syndicate of international investors in the acquisition and development of two large residential subdivision projects in Texas: a 67 acre lot in Magnolia, Texas, and a 105 acre lot in The Woodlands, Texas.
- Represented an online car dealership in the sale of properties in Texas, as well as in leasing and subleasing matters.
- Represented a NYSE-listed energy and infrastructure company in its acquisition of 33 convenience stores from CHS Inc. for $70 million.
- Represented financial institutions in connection with the acquisition and construction financing of several high-end condominium projects in Houston, Texas.
- Represented financial institutions in connection with acquisition and construction loans for the development of several major retirement communities in the Houston area.
- Represented a financial institution in the acquisition of Schlitterbahn, a major waterpark in Corpus Christi, Texas, through foreclosure proceedings. Porter Hedges also assisted in the renovation and rebranding of the park.
- Represented a commercial real estate company in its acquisition of 750,000+ square feet of shopping center assets located in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and West Virginia.
- Represented a commercial real estate company in its acquisition of Elk Grove Plaza, a retail center in Elk Grove, California, with 36,152 square feet of retail space situated on five parcels of land totaling approximately 3.6 acres.
- Represented a car dealership in the sale of two Houston-area dealerships to John Eagle Automotive Group, one of the largest Texas-based private dealership groups.
- Represented a developer in its acquisition of 39 acres in connection with a rehabilitation hospital in Pearland, Texas.
- Represented a California corporation in connection with the acquisition of an $88 million condominium conversion project in Austin, Texas.
- Represented a petroleum products company in the acquisition of several raw land sites for construction of convenience stores and the acquisition of approximately 104 acres of raw land and subsequent sale and development of different portions thereof.
- Represented the seller in the disposition of 75.9 acres in the Houston area for the development of a petrochemical plant.
- Represented a pipe supplier in connection with the simultaneous acquisition of two large steel companies which owned and leased properties throughout the United States.
- Represented a buyer in connection with a $215 million acquisition of a major retail shopping center in Houston, Texas.
- Represented a commercial real estate company in the acquisition of 500,000 square feet of rail-served industrial warehouse space on Holmes Road in Houston, Texas.
- Represented the purchaser of an approximately 900 acre industrial site and water treatment facility in Harris County, Texas.
- Represented the seller of a 100,000+ acre industrial property in Chambers County, Texas.
- Senior Counsel