The Porter Hedges real estate finance team represents financial institutions and private lenders in excess of $1.5 billion of real estate secured loans annually. Specifically, we represent financial institutions, hedge funds, private lenders, and institutional investors in a wide range of debt and debt-related matters, including mortgage and mezzanine financings, refinancings, commercial mortgage-backed securities loans, loan assumptions, tax credit financing, loan purchases and sales, agency debt transactions, construction loans, development loans, and loan restructuring and workouts.
- Represented a financial institution in the financing of an 84 acre purchase in Houston’s Energy Corridor. As one of the most significant land deals of 2018 according to various press reports, the site marketed contains retail, restaurant, and hotel projects.
- Represented a financial institution in the $77 million financing of a 10-story mixed-use project in the Museum District of Houston, Texas.
- Represented the lender in connection with financing the acquisition of a 10,897 acre industrial park near Houston, Texas. This transaction was one of the largest land sales in the history of the Houston area. Two years later, Porter Hedges represented the lender in restructuring the loan for an additional 371 acres adjacent to the park.
- Represented a financial institution in a $55 million construction loan for the construction and development of a 300-room Delta Hotel (a Marriott brand) and 90,000 square feet of convention and meeting space, to be known as the Watters Creek Convention Center.
- Represented a regional bank as lender, administrative agent, sole lead arranger and sole bookrunner in connection with a $40 million syndicated loan to finance the construction of a new 270-apartment, Class A multi-family development (containing approximately 348,000 square feet of floor area in 15 buildings) outside of Nashville, Tennessee.
- Represented a development company in connection with refinancing of a construction loan into an $85 million mezzanine loan and a $21 million mortgage loan.
- Represented a regional bank in connection with renewal and restructure of a $30 million loan secured by real property in Houston, Texas, for future development of a retail power center.
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a construction loan for a 165-key dual brand hotel under Springfield Suites and Fairfield Inn Marriott flags located in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Represented a mortgage lender in the lending of over $125 million to various single-family developers for lot/subdivision development loans in Texas, Colorado, Arizona, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, and Alabama.
- Represented a regional bank in connection with renewal, modification and subsequent sale of note and liens to third-party purchasers of a major multi-use property located in Sugar Land, Texas.
- Represented a financial institution in financing the acquisition of 23 acres to be used as an expansion for the Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas, the largest medical complex in the world.
- Represented a financial institution in financing for the $50+ million acquisition of the 15.57 acre Coca-Cola Bottling Distribution Center in Houston, Texas, to be redeveloped into a mixed-use development.
- Represented a financial institution in financing the $60+ million acquisition of a former Chevron campus, a 30.5 acre, multi-building property in Bellaire, Texas.
- Senior Counsel