Joshua Wolfshohl’s practice focuses on corporate reorganizations and restructurings, acquisitions and sales within the bankruptcy context, bankruptcy court litigation, and creditors’ rights. He represents corporate debtors and creditors, official and ad hoc committees, trustees and plan agents in cases involving complex commercial disputes and a wide range of bankruptcy issues in some of the country's largest and most complicated chapter 11 cases.
Joshua has particular experience in bankruptcy proceedings relating to the energy and healthcare industries. He also represents numerous clients in complex out-of-court restructurings, general civil litigation in federal and state trial courts and bankruptcy appeals before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States district courts.
Honors & Recognitions
Leading lawyer in Bankruptcy/Restructuring law (Texas), Chambers USA
Bankruptcy Firm of the Year, Chambers USA (Texas), 2019
Listed, Best Lawyers in America
International Law Office and Lexology’s Client Choice Award, Insolvency and Restructuring, 2019
Listed, Texas Super Lawyers, 2013-2019
Listed, “Top Lawyers in Houston,” Houstonia Magazine
Listed, Rising Stars, 2007-2013
J.D., University of Houston Law Center, cum laude, 2002
B.A., University of Texas, 1997
United States District Courts for the Northern, Western and Southern Districts of Texas
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Judicial law clerk, The Honorable Wesley W. Steen, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Judicial intern, The Honorable Manuel E. Leal, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Intern, Office of the United States Trustee in Houston, Texas
Joshua Wolfshohl’s representations include the following:
- Debtors' counsel in confirmed chapter 11 cases:
PetroQuest Energy, Inc., et al.
Geokinetics Inc., et al.
University General Health System, Inc., et al.
Diabetes America, Inc.
Bison Building Holdings, Inc., et al.
Eagle Geophysical, Inc., et al.
Superior Offshore International, Inc.
Easy Gardener Products, Ltd., et al.
Doctors Hospital 1997, L.P.
Southwest Grain Co., et al.
- Counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors’ in Montco Offshore, Inc. and Montco Oilfield Contractors, LLC chapter 11 cases.
- Counsel to chapter 11 Trustee in Brown Medical Center, Inc., Endeavour Highrise, L.P., Urban Mall Houston, L.P. and Caltex Holdings, L.P. chapter 11 cases.
- Counsel to secured creditors and debtor-in-possession lenders in Peninsula Airways, Inc., d/b/a PenAir, Buccaneer Resources LLC, et al., Star Resources, Inc., and Resource Technology Corp. chapter 11 cases.
- Counsel to numerous midstream, upstream and oilfield service companies in the bankruptcy cases across the country, including Southcross Energy Partners, L.P., Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC, et al., C&J Holdings, et al., SemCrude, L.P., et al., Reichmann Petroleum Corp., and Freedom Pipeline, LLC.
- Counsel to Ad hoc group of property owners and club members in Utah 7000, L.L.C., et al., bankruptcy cases.
- Counsel to equity holders successfully obtaining appointment of an official committee of equity holders in Adeptus Health chapter 11 cases.
- Asbestos Future Claims Representative in the ABB Lummus Global Inc. bankruptcy case.
- Counsel to chapter 11 examiner in the Morningstar Gas, Inc. case.
- Counsel to Bridgeline Holdings, L.P. in connection with preference litigation in the Borden Chemicals and Plastics Operating Limited Partnership bankruptcy case.
- Counsel to pharmaceutical company in connection with drafting and preparing an opinion letter for an $80 million financing transaction.
- Counsel to venture capitalists in a bankruptcy dispute regarding patents for cutting edge fiber technology.
- Porter Hedges Advises Franco-Nevada in the $300M Acquisition of Marcellus Shale Royalty Interests from Range ResourcesFirm News, 07.19.2019
- Firm News, 06.24.2019
- Firm News, 05.01.2019
- Firm News, 09.07.2018
- Firm News, 08.15.2018
- The Houston Business Journal Once Again Ranks Porter Hedges Among the Largest Bankruptcy Practices in HoustonFirm News, 05.18.2018
- Firm News, 05.04.2018
- Firm News, 09.05.2017
- Firm News, 08.15.2017
- Firm News, 05.26.2017
- Firm News, 05.22.2017
- Firm News, 09.06.2016
- Firm News, 07.08.2016
- Firm News, 05.27.2016
- Firm News, 09.08.2015
- Firm News, 05.19.2015
- Firm News, 03.01.2015
- Firm News, 02.27.2015
- "Houston-based oil field services co. completes acquisition of local seismic data co.’s assets," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 07.26.2018
- "Houston-based seismic data co. files for Chapter 11, plans to sell assets to another local co." Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 06.27.2018
- "Houston Bankruptcy Law Firms Beef Up to Handle Uptick of Energy Bankruptcies," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 07.08.2016
- Media Mention, 02.27.2015
- Client Alert, 03.25.2019
- "Official and Ad Hoc Committees: Getting in Ethically," 33rd Annual Course - Advanced Business BankruptcySpeaking Engagement, 06.23.2016
- "Chapter 7 Trustees - Their role, duties," Souther District of Texas Bankruptcy Bench Bar ConferenceSpeaking Engagement, 04.21.2016
State Bar of Texas, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member
American Bar Association, Member
American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
Turnaround Management Association, Member
University of Houston Law Foundation, Board Member