Ragna Henrichs is an environmental lawyer. Her experience extends to remediation projects, civil, administrative and criminal enforcement proceedings, compliance matters, permitting including contested permit hearings, and regulatory counseling. She has represented clients in a wide range of industries, including chemical, energy, oilfield service, pipelines, real estate development, waste management, steel and other manufacturers, airlines, and others.
Ragna’s representation of PRPs involved in federal Superfund sites has ranged from steering committee and settlement committee service in large, multi-party cases to numerous de minimis settlements and various cost recovery and contribution actions. Her practice also includes cleanup of contaminated sites under other programs, including the Texas Voluntary Cleanup Program.
Ragna handles environmental issues including environmental due diligence in corporate, real estate, finance and other transactions. In addition to identification of environmental concerns, her experience includes resolution of issues through mechanisms such as tailored auditing programs, remediation and indemnity agreements, environmental insurance, environmental management systems, and compliance plans.
Prior to joining the firm, Ragna practiced in a corporate law department in Basel, Switzerland and was a partner in private law firms in New York and Texas.
Honors & Recognitions
Chambers USA, Leading Lawyer in Environmental Law (Texas)
Best Lawyers in America, Environmental Law
Best Lawyers in America, “Women in the Law"
“Pioneer in Environmental Law,” George W. Perkins Award, Parks & Trails New York
Texas Super Lawyers, Environmental/Land Use Law
Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition, Texas, Environmental Law
American Lawyer Media, “Top Rated Lawyer in Energy/Environmental”
Houstonia Magazine, Top Lawyer, Environmental/Natural Resources Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acquisitions, Divestitures and Joint Ventures
- Energy Transactions
- Infrastructure Projects
- Project Development
- Real Estate
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Midstream Oil and Gas
- Oilfield Services / Drilling
- Renewable & Alternative
- Upstream Oil and Gas
J.D., UCLA School of Law
Federal District Court
United States Court of Appeals Second Circuit
United States Supreme Court
- Defended clients in federal enforcement actions under the CWA, RCRA, EPCRA, CAA and other environmental regulatory programs, and in state enforcement actions.
- Represented clients involved in various capacities at more than 50 NPL Superfund sites.
- Worked with clients on remediation projects involving soil, groundwater and surface water concerns, some with off-site implications, including projects relating to oilfield releases.
- Defended targets of citizen suits.
- Assisted clients in wetlands delineation and permitting matters.
- Environmental planning and due diligence for corporate transactions.
- Negotiated and litigated environmental insurance provisions.
- Assisted clients to develop a regulatory compliance program for operations at multiple locations.
- Recognition, 08.15.2019
- Firm News, 05.01.2019
- Firm News, 08.15.2018
- Firm News, 05.04.2018
- Firm News, 08.15.2017
- Firm News, 05.26.2017
- Firm News, 08.15.2016
- Firm News, 05.27.2016
- Three Porter Hedges Attorneys Named to the Inaugural Best Lawyers Business Edition "Women In the Law" IssueFirm News, 05.13.2016
- Porter Hedges Advises Fred Haas Interests on the Sale of Two Infiniti dealerships to John Eagle Automotive GroupFirm News, 01.14.2016
- Firm News, 08.17.2015
- Firm News, 06.03.2015
- Firm News, 05.20.2015
- Firm News, 05.19.2015
- Firm News, 01.27.2015
- Porter Hedges Represents Chesapeake Energy Corp. in the $5.375B Sale of Marcellus and Utica Shale Assets to Southwestern EnergyFirm News, 10.16.2014
- Media Mention, 12.23.2014
- Media Mention, 12.04.2014
- Media Mention, 10.27.2014
- Media Mention, 10.24.2014
- Media Mention, 10.20.2014
- Media Mention, 10.16.2014
- “Ethics in Environmental & Energy Law,” South Texas College of Law HoustonSpeaking Engagement, 02.24.2017
- Speaking Engagement, 09.30.2014
State Bar of Texas
New York State Bar Association
Environmental and Energy Law Section Council, Member
Environmental Law Section, Chair, 1990-1991
American Bar Association
Houston Bar Association, Environmental Law Section