Beverly Young assists clients in all areas of ERISA, employee benefits, and executive compensation including:
- Drafting and designing plans and compensation arrangements such as: defined benefit, defined contribution, profit-sharing, deferred compensation, employee stock ownership (ESOP), stock options and other equity programs and incentive plans; health care, cafeteria and other welfare plans and employment contracts.
- Submission of plans to the Internal Revenue Service for favorable tax qualification letters and voluntary correction programs.
- Analysis and implementation of plan terminations, early retirement windows, voluntary and involuntary separation plans.
- Analysis and advice relating to employee benefits and executive compensation under the Internal Revenue Code, ERISA (including Internal Revenue Code Section 409A, COBRA and HIPAA) and other applicable federal and state laws.
- Analysis and advice relating to fiduciary duties and prohibited transactions.
- Representing clients before the Internal Revenue Service, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, the Department of Labor and in federal courts.
- Representing clients in transactions, including drafting of purchase/sale and merger agreement provisions and analysis of employee benefits and executive compensation under ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code in connection with mergers, acquisitions, corporate restructurings, investments and loans.
- Representing clients in litigation involving ERISA, employee benefits and executive compensation.
Honors & Recognitions
Martindale Hubbell, AV Rated
Best Lawyers in America, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, 2018-2022
J.D., University of Utah College of Law, 1988
M.S., University of Utah, 1984
B.S., University of South Alabama, 1981
United States Tax Court
United States Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit
- Firm News, 07.29.2021
- Firm News, 07.19.2021
- Porter Hedges Represents Canyon Midstream Backed Redcliff Midstream in its Sale to Tailwater Capital Backed Tall Oak MidstreamFirm News, 03.25.2021
- Recognition, 08.19.2020
- Porter Hedges Advises Century A/C Supply in its Sale of Minority Stake to Rheem Manufacturing CompanyFirm News, 04.15.2020
- Firm News, 12.11.2019
- Recognition, 08.15.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the Closing of its $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 12.20.2018
- Firm News, 10.16.2018
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 08.30.2018
- Recognition, 08.15.2018
- Firm News, 03.27.2018
- Association for Corporate Growth Houston Awards Maintenance Supply Sale to Lowe’s as Business and Industrial Services Deal of the YearFirm News, 02.15.2018
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in $70M+ Acquisition of Cenex® Zip Trip Retail Locations in Washington and IdahoFirm News, 01.09.2018
- Firm News, 12.21.2017
- Firm News, 11.21.2017
- Recognition, 08.15.2017
- Firm News, 05.18.2017
- Firm News, 02.07.2017
- Firm News, 06.23.2016
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in the $271M Proposed Acquisition of Wyoming Refining CompanyFirm News, 06.17.2016
- Porter Hedges Advises Fred Haas Interests on the Sale of Two Infiniti dealerships to John Eagle Automotive GroupFirm News, 01.14.2016
- "Tailwater Capital-Backed Tall Oak Midstream II Acquires Redcliff Midstream," Tall Oak Midstream Press ReleaseMedia Mention, 03.24.2021
- "Mayer Brown, Locke Lord, Haynes and Boone, Porter Hedges aid on Macquarie’s Multifuels purchase" The Texas LawbookMedia Mention, 05.12.2020
- Media Mention, 10.24.2018
- Media Mention, 10.19.2018
- Media Mention, 10.15.2018
- Media Mention, 12.14.2017
- Media Mention, 06.26.2017
- "Deal of the Week: Lowe’s to acquire Houston co. for $512M to boost multifamily business," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 05.26.2017
- Media Mention, 05.19.2017
- "Lowe’s to acquire Houston company for $512M to boost multifamily business," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 05.18.2017
- "Lowe's to Acquire Houston-based Maintenance Supply Headquarters for $512 Million," Houston ChronicleMedia Mention, 05.18.2017
- Media Mention, 05.18.2017
- Media Mention, 05.18.2017
- "Deal of the Week: Houston industrial services co. acquired by PE firm, merges with Canada co.," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 02.10.2017
- Media Mention, 12.04.2014
American Bar Association, Member
State Bar of Texas, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member
Houston Bar Foundation, Member