Kevan Richards represents purchasers, sellers, borrowers, developers, lenders, landlords, and tenants in all types of real estate transactions, including acquiring and disposing of raw land, rural land, office buildings, industrial properties and shopping centers. He also advises clients on financing, modification and workouts, and foreclosure on real estate projects; reorganization, amendment, and operation of condominium projects; leasing of all types of property; preparation of loan documents for regional and national banks; and general corporate matters, from organization issues and contract review to dispute resolution.
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, with honors, 2000
B.B.A., Texas A&M University, magna cum laude, 1997
Kevan Richards’ representations include the following:
- Large independently owned grocery retailer in acquiring commercial retail grocery anchored centers.
- Real estate investment firm in assembling approximately 1000 acres of land.
- National real estate developer in acquiring and developing regional shopping centers and acquiring medical office buildings.
- Regional bank with the foreclosure of several condominium developments and their subsequent reorganization and operations.
- Client in conducting the real estate due diligence for acquiring 84 convenience and fuel centers.
- ACG Houston Awards Sale of Camp Construction Services to Sterling Investment Partners as Deal of the YearFirm News, 04.22.2022
- Firm News, 12.01.2021
- Porter Hedges Represents International Bank of Commerce in the Financing of Four Master-Planned Communities in Central and North TexasFirm News, 09.01.2021
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in $116M Sale-Leaseback of 22 Retail Convenience Store Properties located in HawaiiFirm News, 02.19.2021
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the Closing of its $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 12.20.2018
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 08.30.2018
- Firm News, 03.27.2018
- Association for Corporate Growth Houston Awards Maintenance Supply Sale to Lowe’s as Business and Industrial Services Deal of the YearFirm News, 02.15.2018
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in $70M+ Acquisition of Cenex® Zip Trip Retail Locations in Washington and IdahoFirm News, 01.09.2018
- Firm News, 12.21.2017
- Firm News, 11.21.2017
- Firm News, 05.18.2017
- Porter Hedges Advises Fred Haas Interests on the Sale of Two Infiniti dealerships to John Eagle Automotive GroupFirm News, 01.14.2016
- Firm News, 10.14.2015
- Porter Hedges Receives American Lawyer 2015 Global Legal Award for Global Finance Deal of the Year: Project FinanceRecognition, 07.23.2015
- Porter Hedges Advises Par Petroleum in Connection with New Supply and Offtake Agreement with Goldman Sachs’ Trading SubsidiaryFirm News, 06.02.2015
- Media Mention, 12.14.2017
- Media Mention, 06.26.2017
- "Deal of the Week: Lowe’s to acquire Houston co. for $512M to boost multifamily business," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 05.26.2017
- Media Mention, 05.19.2017
- Media Mention, 05.18.2017
- Media Mention, 05.18.2017
- "Lowe’s to acquire Houston company for $512M to boost multifamily business," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 05.18.2017
- "Lowe's to Acquire Houston-based Maintenance Supply Headquarters for $512 Million," Houston ChronicleMedia Mention, 05.18.2017
- Media Mention, 12.22.2015
- Media Mention, 12.04.2014
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Real Estate Law Section, Member