Stephanie L. Holcombe
J.D., magna cum laude, South Texas College of Law, 2009
B.F.A., University of Oklahoma, 2006
United States District Court Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas
United States Supreme Court
Stephanie Holcombe is a senior associate in the litigation section at Porter Hedges in Houston. Her practice focuses on a wide range of litigation including matters related to employment, commercial disputes, trade secrets, energy, pharmaceuticals, and copyrights and trademarks. She is also frequently consulted for general "preventive litigation" advice in an effort to help clients make smart choices now that help avoid litigation in the future, as well as consulted to help manage and analyze ongoing litigation in a cost-effective manner.
Stephanie has represented clients in both federal and state court trials, as well as arbitration. She was selected for inclusion in Texas Rising Stars for Business Litigation in 2017 and 2018.
While in law school, Stephanie was inducted into the Order of the Barristers, served as a member of the South Texas Law Review, and an officer and director for the Board of Advocates. Stephanie also received an American Jurisprudence award for the highest grade in legal research and writing, and was also awarded the 2009 Dean's Outstanding Advocate Award. Additionally, Ms. Holcombe was an active member of the Varsity Moot Court and Mock Trial programs at South Texas. She was a finalist in the 2008 Tournament of Champions Mock Trial Competition, a finalist and received a Best Advocate award in the 2008 National Entertainment Law Moot Court Competition, a finalist and received a Best Advocate award in the 2008 William Daniels National Invitational Mock Trial Competition, won Best Brief in the 2009 National Scribes Brief-Writing Competition, and won a National Championship at the 2009 ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, which gave South Texas College of Law its 101st National Advocacy win.
- Represented Texas company during federal permanent injunction hearing involving misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of employment agreement allegations.
- Represented the plan agent during a bankruptcy trial involving the Texas Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act.
- Represented well-renowned gas processing company during five week state trial involving breach of contract claims.
- Represented long-standing manufacturing company during state trial involving misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of employment agreement allegations.
- Represented well-renowned bank in arbitration concerning commercial promissory note dispute.
- Represented major international government contracting company at trial in federal sexual harassment case.
- Represented long-standing manufacturing company during state trial involving trade secrets claims.
- Represented well-renowned construction company in arbitration concerning commercial construction disputes.
- Represented individual during state trial concerning lease dispute.
- Represented former employees of pharmaceutical companies in civil matters.
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Women in the Law Steering Committee
- Young Lawyers Steering Committee
- Chair of Young Lawyers Sponsorship Subcommittee (2017-2018)
- Chair of Women in the Law Community Subcommittee (2016-2017)
- Co-Chair of Young Women in the Law Subcommittee (2016-2017)
- Vice-Chair of Young Women in the Law Subcommittee (2015-2016)
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Association of Women Attorneys, Member
- South Texas College of Law, Adjunct Professor of Advocacy (2012 National First Amendment Moot Court Competition Championship Team, 2012 National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Tournament)
- Nottingham Forest Civic Association, Inc., Club Committee Member
- Nottingham Forest Mom’s Club, Board Member