Mandy Diaz focuses her practice on business planning and formation (including corporate formation and reorganization, limited liability companies, and partnerships), income tax, transfer tax, mergers and acquisitions, employee benefits, executive compensation, and general corporate matters.
Honors & Recognitions
Texas Rising Stars, Tax, 2016-17
J.D., University of Houston Law Center, cum laude, 2006
Order of the Barons, Member
B.S., University of Houston-Clear Lake, summa cum laude, Legal Studies, 2000
Mandy Diaz’s representations include the following:
- Designing and analyzing business structures to maximize preservation of wealth and transfer of wealth to lower generations.
- Advising on choice of entity, tax, and business considerations for business start-ups, including drafting and negotiating limited liability company and partnership agreements.
- Assisting clients with federal and Texas state tax (including franchise, margin, and sales taxes) planning and compliance regarding a variety of business combinations and reorganizations.
- Advising private businesses on employment matters, purchasing other businesses, admitting key employees as owners, and succession planning.
- Assisting taxpayers with state tax audits and other controversies with Texas taxing authorities.
- Submitting employee benefit plans to the IRS for favorable tax qualification letters and voluntary correction programs.
- Analyzing and implementing employee benefit plan terminations.
- Representing clients in transactions, including analysis of employee benefits and executive compensation under ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code in connection with mergers, acquisitions, corporate restructurings, investments, and loans.
- Advising clients regarding transfer of business entities to lower generations in a tax-efficient manner.
- Obtaining a favorable private letter ruling regarding a rescission transaction.
- Firm News, 10.20.2020
- Firm News, 01.28.2020
- Recognition, 03.08.2017
- Firm News, 06.23.2016
- Recognition, 03.04.2016
- Porter Hedges Advises Fred Haas Interests on the Sale of Two Infiniti dealerships to John Eagle Automotive GroupFirm News, 01.14.2016
- Firm News, 01.26.2015
- Media Mention, 01.29.2020
- "UH Law Center receives gift from local law firm, renames career services center," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 01.28.2020
- Media Mention, 04.15.2015
- Publication, 07.01.2020
- Publication, 02.28.2020
- Publication, 03.19.2019
- Publication, 09.25.2017
- Publication, 05.31.2017
- Publication, 03.27.2017
- Publication, 05.08.2015
- Publication, Fall 2014
State Bar of Texas, Member
American Bar Association, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member of Tax and Estate Planning and Probate Sections
Houston Bar Association Tax Section, Chair