Sarah represents clients in all aspects of commercial litigation specializing in intellectual property and business disputes. She handles complex cases involving technologies in a wide range of industries including oil and gas, wireless, automobile, medical devices and consumer products.
Sarah represents clients in both federal and state trial courts across the country. She also handles appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. In addition to trial and appeal work, Sarah handles inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent Office. In addition to her trial and appeal-related work, Sarah regularly advises clients on intellectual property-related licensing and other strategic issues.
Prior to law school, Sarah was an engineer in the natural gas industry.
J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2006
Order of the Barristers
Mock Trial, Business and Tax Law Journal
B.E. Chemical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, cum laude, 2001
United States Patent and Trademark Office
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
United States District Court for the Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Regularly represents trademark owners in enforcement actions against accused infringers and represents accused infringers in trademark enforcement actions in both state and federal courts.
- Represented patent owner in enforcement of medical device patents in the E.D. Tex. and D. Mn.
- Represented patent owner in enforcement of security system patents in the E.D. Tex.
- Represented patent owner in enforcement of anti-theft patents in the E.D. Tex.
- Represented accused infringer of oil and gas drilling and production technology patents in the E.D. Tex.
- Represented patent owner in enforcement of an oil and gas drilling tool patent in the E.D. Tex.
- Represented accused infringer of oil and gas drilling tool patents in the S.D.Tex.
- Represented accused infringer of drilling fluids processing patents in the W.D. Tex.
- Represented defendant in trade secret dispute in Montgomery County, TX
- Represented third-party employee in trade secret dispute in Montgomery County, TX
- Represented trademark, trade dress, and copyright owner in enforcement of jewelry design in the W.D. Tex.
- Defense of medical device patents in Inter Partes Review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Defense of medical device patents in an appeal of Inter Partes Review proceedings in the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- Defense of data handling patents in an appeal of Inter Partes Review proceedings in the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- Representation of patent owner in evaluation of enforcement options for portfolio of offshore platform patents
- The Houston Business Journal Once Again Names Porter Hedges Among the Largest Intellectual Property Firms in HoustonRecognition, 06.02.2023
- Firm News, 08.09.2022
- Firm News, 06.08.2022
- Firm News, 12.08.2021
- Media Mention, 06.27.2023
- Media Mention, 06.26.2023
- Media Mention, 05.09.2023
- Media Mention, 02.28.2023
- Media Mention, 01.05.2023
- Media Mention, 12.10.2021
- Media Mention, 12.10.2021
- Media Mention, 12.09.2021
- Publication, 03.13.2023
- Publication, 02.23.2023
- Publication, May/June 2022
- “IP Rights and Extraterritoriality,” 36th Annual Advanced Intellectual Property Law Course, TexasBarCLESpeaking Engagement, 02.23.2023
- "NFTs and the Metaverse: At the Intersection of Cryptocurrency, Blockchain and IP," IP WatchDog LiveSpeaking Engagement, 09.11.2022
- Intellectual Property Law Blog , 12.14.2022
- Intellectual Property Law Blog , 04.28.2022
Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
Nancy F. Atlas Inn of Court
Association of Women Attorneys
Houston Intellectual Property Law Association