Stephanie Holcombe works with companies and their owners and executives to manage the full range of issues related to business disputes — from risk control and litigation avoidance to the successful management of ongoing litigation in a strategic and cost-effective manner. She has trial experience in state and federal court trials and in arbitrations on a variety of issues. Stephanie’s experience includes the following:
- Contractual disputes
- Trade secrets
- Oil and gas contracts
- Oil and gas production equipment
- Non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
- Fiduciary duties
- Trademark infringement
Stephanie leads the Women’s Initiative at Porter Hedges and serves on the Recruiting Committee, among other leadership roles at the firm. She is also an active member of DRI, serving on the DRI Membership Committee, Young Lawyers Steering Committee, and Women in the Law Steering Committee (Chair of Marketing). She also serves as an advisory board member for Theater Under the Stars (TUTS), Houston’s non-profit home for musical theater and as a board member for the Nottingham Forest Civic Association.
Honors & Recognitions
The Legal 500, Recommended Lawyer in Energy Litigation: Oil and Gas
Texas Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2017-2022
Women in the Fast Lane of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math), 2019 Role Model
J.D., South Texas College of Law, magna cum laude, 2009 (recipient of numerous awards for research and writing, in mock trial and moot court competitions, and as best advocate)
Order of the Barristers
South Texas Law Review, member
Board of Advocates, officer and director
B.F.A., University of Oklahoma, 2006
United States District Court Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas
United States Supreme Court
- Represented a Texas-based company in a federal permanent injunction hearing involving misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of employment agreement allegations.
- Represented a plan agent during a bankruptcy trial involving the Texas Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act.
- Represented a gas processing company during a five-week state trial involving breach of contract claims.
- Represented a manufacturing company in a state court trial involving misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of employment agreement allegations.
- Represented a bank in arbitration concerning a commercial promissory note dispute.
- Represented an international government contracting company at trial in a federal sexual harassment case.
- Represented a manufacturing company in a state court trial involving trade secrets claims.
- Represented a construction company in arbitration concerning commercial construction disputes.
- Represented an individual during a state court trial concerning a lease dispute.
- Represented former employees of pharmaceutical companies in civil matters across the country.
- Firm News, 07.07.2022
- The Legal 500 Ranks Porter Hedges Among the Leading Firms in the Country for Oil & Gas and Construction in 2022Firm News, 06.10.2022
- Firm News, 03.22.2022
- Firm News, 03.23.2021
- Firm News, 03.15.2021
- Recognition, 03.09.2020
- Recognition, 03.06.2020
- Recognition, 03.04.2019
- Firm News, 01.23.2019
- Recognition, 03.12.2018
- Recognition, 03.08.2017
- Federal Circuit Reverses District Court Damages by $90M+ in Patent Litigation Suit Against ION Geophysical CorporationFirm News, 07.06.2015
- Media Mention, 07.08.2022
- Media Mention, 07.07.2022
- Media Mention, 01.24.2020
- Media Mention, 05.08.2019
- Media Mention, 03.31.2019
- Media Mention, 01.25.2019
- Media Mention, 03.11.2016
- Taking Matters into Your Own Hands: Key Steps Women Can Make to Combat Gender Disparities in the Legal ProfessionPublication, 01.26.2022
- Publication, 09.02.2020
- Employment Alert: "U.S. Supreme Court Ruling in Favor of LGBTQ+ Workers Has Direct Implications for Workplace Guidelines and Policies"Publication, 06.24.2020
- Employment/Construction Alert: "New DOL Regulations Clarify Families First Coronavirus Response Act’s COVID-19 Paid Leave Policy"Publication, 04.09.2020
- Publication, 04.01.2020
- Publication, 03.31.2020
- Employment Alert: "What Measures Should Employers Implement to Ensure a Safe Working Environment in Response to COVID-19?"Publication, 03.25.2020
- Employment Alert: "Practical Tips on the Harris County and Houston-area ‘Stay Home, Work Safe’ Order"Publication, 03.25.2020
- Publication, 02.10.2020
- Publication, 03.08.2017
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy Training: National Session Trial Skills Training ProgramSpeaking Engagement, 07.01.2016
State Bar of Texas, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member
Litigation Section, Chair, 2020
Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member
American Bar Association, Member
Defense Research Institute (DRI), Member
Young Lawyers Steering Committee
Chair of Young Lawyers Marketing Subcommittee, 2019-2020
Vice-Chair of Young Lawyers Wellness Subcommittee, 2018-2019
Chair of Young Lawyers Sponsorship Subcommittee, 2017-2018
Co-Chair of Young Women in the Law Subcommittee, 2016-2017
Vice-Chair of Young Women in the Law Subcommittee, 2015-2016
Women in the Law Steering Committee
Vice Chair of Women in the Law Marketing Subcommittee, 2019-2020
Chair of Women in the Law Community Subcommittee, 2016-2019
Texas Young Lawyers Association, Member
Association of Women Attorneys, Member
South Texas College of Law, Adjunct Professor of Advocacy (2012 National First Amendment Moot Court Competition Championship Team, 2012 National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Tournament)
Theatre Under the Stars (TUTS), Advisory Board Member
Houston Business Journal, 40 Under 40 Awards Judge, 2019
Nottingham Forest Civic Association, Inc., Club Committee Chair
Nottingham Forest Mom’s Club, Board Member