Brian Rose has a dynamic and unique practice that includes a mix of mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and debt financings. His mergers and acquisitions experience focuses on the acquisition and sale of private companies on behalf of private equity firms and their portfolio companies. In the debt space, Brian regularly advises borrowers in lending transactions and lenders in their senior secured credit agreements, subordinated debt facilities, and SBIC investments of long-term debt and growth equity. Brian also has significant experience representing entrepreneurs and start-up companies in their equity raises and general corporate matters. He works with both private and public companies and private equity firms across a range of industries, with a particular focus on the manufacturing, industrials, oilfield services, renewables, engineering and technology sectors.
Prior to attending law school, Brian served as a management consultant and advised Fortune 500 clients on the design and implementation of data-driven marketing strategies.
Honors & Recognitions
Texas Rising Stars, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2017-2018
The Legal 500, Recommended Lawyer in Energy Litigation: Oil and Gas
- Commercial Lending & Finance
- Business Planning and Entity Formation
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance, Compliance & Investigations
- Emerging Companies
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mezzanine Finance
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Energy Transactions
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Midstream Oil and Gas
- Renewable & Alternative
- Upstream Oil and Gas
J.D., University of Houston Law Center, cum laude, 2007
B.A., University of Pennsylvania, magna cum laude, History, 2001
District of Columbia
Mergers & Acquisitions / Private Equity
- Public diversified energy company in its $310 million acquisition of a refinery and related logistics assets in Montana.
- An industrials-focused, private equity firm in executing multiple acquisitions in service of its portfolio company’s vertical integration strategy.
- A Houston-based healthcare business in Chapter 11 bankruptcy in its sale to six concurrent buyers.
- Private oil and gas engineering services business in its $145 million sale to an Australian public company.
- Houston-based staffing business in its sale to a private equity buyer.
- Family office in a $320 million term loan with a private investment fund lender and a $100 million revolving credit facility, the proceeds of which were used to acquire a Houston-based industrial services company.
- Private equity fund focused on upstream oil and gas assets in a $100 million reserve-based facility to provide acquisition and working capital financing.
- SBIC Lender in its $65 million financing to a construction equipment rental company.
- Distressed debt fund in its acquisition of multiple loan portfolios.
- Public, diversified energy company in its $125 million bridge and term loan credit facility with multiple private investment fund lenders.
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in Closing its Acquisition of ExxonMobil’s Billings Refinery and Associated AssetsFirm News, 06.01.2023
- Firm News, 02.01.2023
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in $310M Acquisition of ExxonMobil Billings Refinery and Associated AssetsFirm News, 10.24.2022
- Porter Hedges Celebrates Opening of the New Porter Hedges LLP Career Center at the University of Houston Law CenterFirm News, 09.23.2022
- Firm News, 06.14.2022
- The Legal 500 Ranks Porter Hedges Among the Leading Firms in the Country for Oil & Gas and Construction in 2022Firm News, 06.10.2022
- Firm News, 04.05.2022
- Porter Hedges Represents Main Street Capital in Investment of $15 Million for Recapitalization of BatjerFirm News, 03.21.2022
- Firm News, 10.20.2020
- Firm News, 09.22.2020
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in its Pricing of Private Offering of $105 Million of 12.875% Senior Secured Notes Due 2026Firm News, 05.28.2020
- Firm News, 04.03.2020
- Firm News, 01.28.2020
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in its Agreements to Exchange $31.7 Million of its 5.00% Convertible Senior Notes Due 2021 for Common Stock and CashFirm News, 05.16.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in Financing its $358 Million Acquisition of U.S. Oil & Refining Co. in WashingtonFirm News, 01.15.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the Closing of its $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 12.20.2018
- Recognition, 03.12.2018
- Firm News, 12.21.2017
- Recognition, 03.08.2017
- Firm News, 02.28.2017
- Porter Hedges Represents Energy Transfer in the Closing of a $2B Sale of a Minority Stake in Bakken Pipeline Project to Enbridge and Marathon PetroleumFirm News, 02.16.2017
- Firm News, 02.07.2017
- Porter Hedges Represents Coral Reef Capital in its Acquisition of Viola Oil & Gas Holdings’ Illinois Basin AssetsFirm News, 12.05.2016
- Porter Hedges Represents Energy Transfer and Sunoco Logistics in the $2B Sale of a Minority Stake in Bakken Pipeline Project to Enbridge and Marathon PetroleumFirm News, 08.03.2016
- Firm News, 06.21.2016
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in the $271M Proposed Acquisition of Wyoming Refining CompanyFirm News, 06.17.2016
- Firm News, 01.22.2016
- Firm News, 11.19.2015
- Porter Hedges Advises Par Petroleum in Connection with New Supply and Offtake Agreement with Goldman Sachs’ Trading SubsidiaryFirm News, 06.02.2015
- "Big Law Rates In This Economy? Midsize and Specialized Firms Poised to Gain Market Share in 2023," Law.comMedia Mention, 02.22.2023
- Media Mention, 02.03.2023
- Media Mention, 07.05.2022
- "LP First Capital and GP Capital Partners Form National Cyber Group to Address Cybersecurity Workforce Gap," Cision PR NewswireMedia Mention, 06.08.2022
- Media Mention, 01.29.2020
- "UH Law Center receives gift from local law firm, renames career services center," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 01.28.2020
- "Deal of the Week: Houston industrial services co. acquired by PE firm, merges with Canada co.," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 02.10.2017
- "HudsonField Invests in Trucking Expansion to Bring More Transportation Options to Oil & Gas Producers," PR NewswireMedia Mention, 09.26.2016
- Media Mention, 08.08.2016
- Media Mention, 08.04.2016
- Media Mention, 08.03.2016
- "Enbridge Energy Partners, Marathon Petroleum to buy $2B stake in pipeline system," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 08.03.2016
- Media Mention, 08.03.2016
- Energy and Natural Resources Industry – Liquidity and Operational Issues in Challenging Times, TerraLex Virtual Global MeetingSpeaking Engagement, 06.11.2020
- Speaking Engagement, 05.01.2019
Houston Bar Association, Member
Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
State Bar of Texas, Member
District of Columbia Bar, Member
Virginia State Bar, Member