Brian Rose works with both private and public companies across a range of industries, with a particular focus on the energy, manufacturing, and architecture and engineering businesses. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and the representation of borrowers in lending transactions. Brian also regularly advises mezzanine lenders and venture capital funds in their investments.
Prior to attending law school, Brian advised Fortune 500 clients on the design and implementation of data-driven marketing strategies.
Honors & Recognitions
Texas Rising Stars, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2017-2018
- Commercial Lending & Finance
- Business Planning and Entity Formation
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance, Compliance & Investigations
- Emerging Companies
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mezzanine Finance
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Energy Transactions
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Midstream Oil and Gas
- Renewable & Alternative
- Upstream Oil and Gas
J.D., University of Houston Law Center, cum laude, 2007
B.A., University of Pennsylvania, magna cum laude, History, 2001
District of Columbia
Mergers & Acquisitions / Private Equity
- Public diversified energy company in its $270 million acquisition of a refinery and related logistics assets in Wyoming.
- Several private equity funds in investing in upstream and midstream energy businesses.
- Public diversified energy company in its $100 million acquisition of logistics and retail assets in Hawaii.
- Private oil and gas engineering services business in its $145 million sale to an Australian public company.
- Houston-based architectural firm in its sale to a private equity-backed architecture and engineering services company.
- Private equity fund in a $320 million term loan with a private investment fund lender and a $100 million revolving credit facility, the proceeds of which were used to acquire a Houston-based industrial services company.
- Private equity fund focused on upstream oil and gas assets in a $100 million reserve-based facility to provide acquisition and working capital financing.
- Private equity-backed exploration and production company in a $60 million borrowing base credit facility with several European banks.
- Public, diversified energy company in its $125 million bridge and term loan credit facility with multiple private investment fund lenders.
- Public manufacturing company in issuing approximately $15 million of senior convertible notes and associated warrants.
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in its Agreements to Exchange $31.7 Million of its 5.00% Convertible Senior Notes Due 2021 for Common Stock and CashFirm News, 05.16.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in Financing its $358 Million Acquisition of U.S. Oil & Refining Co. in WashingtonFirm News, 01.15.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the Closing of its $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 12.20.2018
- Firm News, 03.12.2018
- Firm News, 12.21.2017
- Firm News, 03.08.2017
- Firm News, 02.28.2017
- Porter Hedges Represents Energy Transfer in the Closing of a $2B Sale of a Minority Stake in Bakken Pipeline Project to Enbridge and Marathon PetroleumFirm News, 02.16.2017
- Firm News, 02.07.2017
- Porter Hedges Represents Coral Reef Capital in its Acquisition of Viola Oil & Gas Holdings’ Illinois Basin AssetsFirm News, 12.05.2016
- Porter Hedges Represents Energy Transfer and Sunoco Logistics in the $2B Sale of a Minority Stake in Bakken Pipeline Project to Enbridge and Marathon PetroleumFirm News, 08.03.2016
- Firm News, 06.21.2016
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in the $271M Proposed Acquisition of Wyoming Refining CompanyFirm News, 06.17.2016
- Firm News, 01.22.2016
- Firm News, 11.19.2015
- Porter Hedges Advises Par Petroleum in Connection with New Supply and Offtake Agreement with Goldman Sachs’ Trading SubsidiaryFirm News, 06.02.2015
- "Deal of the Week: Houston industrial services co. acquired by PE firm, merges with Canada co.," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 02.10.2017
- "HudsonField Invests in Trucking Expansion to Bring More Transportation Options to Oil & Gas Producers," PR NewswireMedia Mention, 09.26.2016
- Media Mention, 08.08.2016
- Media Mention, 08.04.2016
- Media Mention, 08.03.2016
- "Enbridge Energy Partners, Marathon Petroleum to buy $2B stake in pipeline system," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 08.03.2016
- Media Mention, 08.03.2016
- Speaking Engagement, 05.01.2019
Houston Bar Association, Member
State Bar of Texas, Member
District of Columbia Bar, Member
Virginia State Bar, Member