Heather Hatfield represents clients in corporate investigations, white-collar crime investigations and defense involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), complex contract disputes, oil and gas litigation, bankruptcy litigation, OSHA investigations, and general commercial litigation matters. She also represents former employees of pharmaceutical companies.
Heather serves as the firm’s Hiring Partner leading the Recruiting Committee, is former Chair of the Pro Bono Committee, and is active in the Women's Initiative. She is also a founding member of the Women’s White Collar Defense Association – Houston Chapter and former Chairman of the Board of the Houston Urban Debate League.
Honors & Recognitions
Texas Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2012-2019
J.D., Boston University School of Law, cum laude, 2005
B.B.A., University of Texas, summa cum laude, 2002
Harvard Law School Executive Education, Women's Leadership Initiative, 2019
Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Advise board committees and management in internal investigations regarding alleged fraud and accounting improprieties.
- Represent clients against claims of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Conduct and assist clients with internal corporate investigations, OSHA investigations and SEC and/or stock exchange inquiries.
- Defend against allegations of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations.
- Counsel clients on anti-corruption policies and procedures.
- Provide training to clients regarding anti-corruption regulations, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Represent clients in a complex international fraudulent transfer disputes.
- Defend oil and gas companies in complex disputes and pre-litigation matters.
- Defend former employees of pharmaceutical companies in civil and criminal investigations and lawsuits.
- Defend design professionals in contract disputes and malpractice actions.
- Represent clients in bankruptcy adversary proceedings.
- Firm News, 08.01.2019
- The Legal 500 Ranks Porter Hedges Among the Leading Firms in the Country for Oil & Gas and ConstructionRecognition, 06.06.2019
- Recognition, 03.04.2019
- Firm News, 10.16.2018
- Firm News, 03.12.2018
- Firm News, 05.22.2017
- Firm News, 03.08.2017
- Firm News, 03.04.2016
- Firm News, 03.06.2015
- Firm News, 03.01.2015
- Media Mention, 10.24.2018
- Media Mention, 10.19.2018
- Media Mention, 10.15.2018
- Media Mention, 10.09.2017
- Publication, 07.01.2020
- Alert: "Political Retribution in Bridgegate Cannot Sustain Federal Fraud Convictions in Kelly v. United States"Publication, 06.01.2020
- Publication, 05.04.2020
- Publication, 04.01.2020
- Publication, 03.09.2020
- Publication, 02.03.2020
- Publication, 01.07.2020
- Publication, 12.06.2019
- Publication, 11.01.2019
- Publication, 10.01.2019
- Publication, 09.03.2019
- Publication, 08.01.2019
- Publication, 07.01.2019
- Publication, 06.03.2019
- Publication, 05.01.2019
- Publication, 04.03.2019
- Publication, 03.07.2019
- Publication, 03.05.2019
- Publication, 02.05.2019
- Publication, 01.08.2019
State Bar of Texas, Member
Texas Bar Foundation, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member
Houston Urban Debate League (HUDL)
Chairman of the Board, 2017-2018
Board of Directors, 2013 to present
The Women's White Collar Defense Association - Houston Chapter, Founding Member