Heather Hatfield represents clients in corporate investigations, white-collar crime investigations and defense involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), complex contract disputes, oil and gas litigation, bankruptcy litigation, OSHA investigations, and general commercial litigation matters. She also represents former employees of pharmaceutical companies.
Heather serves as the firm’s Hiring Partner leading the Recruiting Committee, is former Chair of the Pro Bono Committee, and is active in the Women's Initiative. She is also a founding member of the Women’s White Collar Defense Association – Houston Chapter.
Honors & Recognitions
Texas Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2012-2019
J.D., Boston University School of Law, cum laude, 2005
B.B.A., University of Texas, summa cum laude, 2002
Harvard Law School Executive Education, Women's Leadership Initiative, 2019
Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Lead counsel in a complex international fraudulent transfer dispute.
- Defense counsel for oil and gas companies in complex disputes and pre-litigation matters.
- Lead and second chair counsel in breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty disputes.
- Both lead and second-chair counsel in defending design professionals in contract disputes and malpractice actions.
- Counsel for a fittings manufacturer in a products liability case.
- Firm News, 08.01.2019
- The Legal 500 Ranks Porter Hedges Among the Leading Firms in the Country for Oil & Gas and ConstructionRecognition, 06.06.2019
- Recognition, 03.04.2019
- Firm News, 10.16.2018
- Firm News, 03.12.2018
- Firm News, 05.22.2017
- Firm News, 03.08.2017
- Firm News, 03.04.2016
- Firm News, 03.06.2015
- Firm News, 03.01.2015
- Media Mention, 10.24.2018
- Media Mention, 10.19.2018
- Media Mention, 10.15.2018
- Media Mention, 10.09.2017
- Publication, 01.07.2020
- Publication, 12.06.2019
- Publication, 11.01.2019
- Publication, 10.01.2019
- Publication, 09.03.2019
- Publication, 08.01.2019
- Publication, 07.01.2019
- Publication, 06.03.2019
- Publication, 05.01.2019
- Publication, 04.03.2019
- Publication, 03.07.2019
- Publication, 03.05.2019
- Publication, 02.05.2019
- Publication, 01.08.2019
State Bar of Texas, Member
Texas Bar Foundation, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member
Houston Urban Debate League (HUDL)
Chairman of the Board, 2017
Board of Directors, 2013 to present
The Women's White Collar Defense Association - Houston Chapter, Founding Member