Joyce Soliman leads the firm’s Finance Section and chairs the Diversity and Inclusion Committee. She represents commercial banks, private equity sponsors, and other lenders in corporate finance transactions, including commercial loans, asset-based financings, syndicated credit facilities, project finance, letter of credit facilities, real estate loans, acquisition financings, leasing facilities, and energy and infrastructure finance.
She also represents both issuers and borrowers in credit facilities, capital market transactions, and general corporate matters, as well as borrowers and lenders in mezzanine and subordinated loans. Representing both domestic and foreign banks as administrative agent and lender, Joyce has assisted in revolving credit and term loan facilities; multi-currency credit facilities; real estate financings; project finance; letter of credit facilities; syndicated, club and single lender financings; loan workouts; restructurings; and recapitalizations.
Joyce also advises target companies and purchasers in private company mergers and acquisitions.
Before joining Porter Hedges, Joyce served as Associate General Counsel in the legal department of a NYSE listed company at its corporate headquarters in Houston. In that capacity, she handled various corporate matters, with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions.
Honors & Recognitions
Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Finance Law
Chambers USA, Leading Lawyer in Banking and Finance Law (Texas)
Houstonia Magazine, "Top Lawyers - Banking and Financial," 2016
Law360, Named as "Minority Powerbroker," 2014
Law360, Named as "Female Powerbroker," 2014
Texas Super Lawyers, Banking - Top Women Attorneys in Texas
Texas Rising Stars, Banking, 2005-2012
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 1997
B.A., Vanderbilt University, cum laude, 1994
Harvard Law School Executive Education, Women's Leadership Initiative, 2019
- One of the top asset-based lenders in the United States with more than $10.0 billion in commitments.
- Administrative agent and lead-left arranger in infrastructure financing for the development and construction of gas storage facilities.
- Lender in development matters for a proposed LNG liquefaction project.
- Lessor, administrative agent, and lead arranger in a $600 million synthetic lease for a headquarters building.
- Equity investors in a liquefaction project and related due diligence matters.
- Buyer/borrower in the acquisition of Tesoro Hawaii by Par Petroleum Corporation.
- Lender in financings involving a regasification project and related collateral.
- DIP financings.
- Exploration and production company in its capital market transactions.
- National bank’s Corporate Trust Department in its capacity as indenture trustee, collateral agent, and depositary bank in numerous capital market transactions.
- Firm News, 08.18.2022
- Porter Hedges Represents Austin-based Longhorn Car-Truck Rental in its Sale of Assets to Herc Rentals Inc.Firm News, 08.10.2022
- Firm News, 08.08.2022
- Firm News, 06.27.2022
- Firm News, 06.23.2022
- Firm News, 04.12.2022
- Firm News, 04.06.2022
- Firm News, 04.01.2022
- Firm News, 03.16.2022
- Firm News, 02.10.2022
- Firm News, 08.04.2021
- Porter Hedges Represents Carriage Services in its $400 Million Private Offering of Senior Notes and Entry into Amended and Restated Credit FacilityFirm News, 05.14.2021
- Firm News, 04.08.2021
- Firm News, 04.06.2021
- Firm News, 03.18.2021
- Firm News, 03.15.2021
- Firm News, 03.01.2021
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in $116M Sale-Leaseback of 22 Retail Convenience Store Properties located in HawaiiFirm News, 02.19.2021
- Firm News, 10.29.2020
- Firm News, 09.30.2020
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in its Pricing of Private Offering of $105 Million of 12.875% Senior Secured Notes Due 2026Firm News, 05.28.2020
- Recognition, 03.09.2020
- Porter Hedges Represents Carriage Services in its $75 Million Senior Notes Offering and Amendment to its Credit FacilityFirm News, 12.19.2019
- Recognition, 09.03.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in its Agreements to Exchange $31.7 Million of its 5.00% Convertible Senior Notes Due 2021 for Common Stock and CashFirm News, 05.16.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in Financing its $358 Million Acquisition of U.S. Oil & Refining Co. in WashingtonFirm News, 01.15.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the Closing of its $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 12.20.2018
- Firm News, 11.19.2018
- Firm News, 10.26.2018
- Firm News, 10.05.2018
- Recognition, 09.07.2018
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 08.30.2018
- Firm News, 05.31.2018
- Firm News, 03.27.2018
- Firm News, 12.21.2017
- Recognition, 09.05.2017
- Recognition, 05.26.2017
- Firm News, 02.07.2017
- Recognition, 09.06.2016
- Firm News, 06.21.2016
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in the $271M Proposed Acquisition of Wyoming Refining CompanyFirm News, 06.17.2016
- Recognition, 09.08.2015
- Porter Hedges Receives American Lawyer 2015 Global Legal Award for Global Finance Deal of the Year: Project FinanceRecognition, 07.23.2015
- Porter Hedges Advises Par Petroleum in Connection with New Supply and Offtake Agreement with Goldman Sachs’ Trading SubsidiaryFirm News, 06.02.2015
- "Houston-based fracking services company U.S. Well Services to be acquired," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 06.24.2022
- Media Mention, 06.21.2022
- Media Mention, 12.04.2018
- "Deal of the Week: Houston industrial services co. acquired by PE firm, merges with Canada co.," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 02.10.2017
- Media Mention, 12.23.2014
- "Tall in the Saddle: Managing Practice Leader Performance & Group Profitability," 28th Annual Marketing Partner ForumSpeaking Engagement, 08.20.2021
- Panelist: The Women, Diversity & Change Summit: HoustonSpeaking Engagement, 05.16.2019
- Speaker: St. John's School, East Asian Affinity Group AssemblySpeaking Engagement, 02.01.2017
State Bar of Texas, Member
American Bar Association, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member
Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
Asian American Bar Foundation, Chair of the Board of Trustees (2019-current)
Asian American Bar Association of Houston, Chair of the Board of Directors (2014 and 2015) and Director (2011 and 2012)
Asian American Bar Association of Houston, President (2010)
Breakthrough Houston, Board of Directors (2019-current)
Judy's Mission Possible Luncheon, Host Committee (Spring 2017)
Women's Finance Exchange, Houston Chapter, Board Member (2008-2009)
Child Care Council of Greater Houston, Inc., a United Way Agency, Board Member (2007-2009)
Vanderbilt University, Oak Leaf Society
Louisiana School for Math, Science and the Arts, 1983 Society