Joyce Soliman leads the firm’s Finance Section and chairs the Diversity and Inclusion Committee. She represents commercial banks, private equity sponsors, and other lenders in corporate finance transactions, including commercial loans, asset-based financings, syndicated credit facilities, project finance, letter of credit facilities, real estate loans, acquisition financings, leasing facilities, and energy and infrastructure finance.
She also represents both issuers and borrowers in credit facilities, capital market transactions, and general corporate matters, as well as borrowers and lenders in mezzanine and subordinated loans. Representing both domestic and foreign banks as administrative agent and lender, Joyce has assisted in revolving credit and term loan facilities; multi-currency credit facilities; real estate financings; project finance; letter of credit facilities; syndicated, club and single lender financings; loan workouts; restructurings; and recapitalizations.
Joyce also advises target companies and purchasers in private company mergers and acquisitions.
Before joining Porter Hedges, Joyce served as Associate General Counsel in the legal department of a NYSE listed company at its corporate headquarters in Houston. In that capacity, she handled various corporate matters, with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions.
Honors & Recognitions
Chambers USA, Leading Lawyer in Banking and Finance Law (Texas), 2017
Houstonia Magazine, "Top Lawyers - Banking and Financial," 2016
Law360, Named as "Minority Powerbroker," 2014
Law360, Named as "Female Powerbroker," 2014
Texas Super Lawyers, Banking, 2014-2019
Texas Rising Stars, Banking, 2005-2012
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 1997
B.A., Vanderbilt University, cum laude, 1994
Harvard Law School Executive Education, Women's Leadership Initiative, 2019
- One of the top asset-based lenders in the United States with more than $10.0 billion in commitments.
- Administrative agent and lead-left arranger in infrastructure financing for the development and construction of gas storage facilities.
- Lender in development matters for a proposed LNG liquefaction project.
- Lessor, administrative agent, and lead arranger in a $600 million synthetic lease for a headquarters building.
- Equity investors in a liquefaction project and related due diligence matters.
- Buyer/borrower in the $400 million acquisition of Tesoro Hawaii by Par Petroleum Corporation.
- Lender in financings involving a regasification project and related collateral.
- Debtor in “debtor-in-possession” financings.
- Exploration and production company in its capital market transactions.
- National bank’s Corporate Trust Department in its capacity as indenture trustee, collateral agent, and cash management bank in numerous capital market transactions.
- Recognition, 09.03.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in its Agreements to Exchange $31.7 Million of its 5.00% Convertible Senior Notes Due 2021 for Common Stock and CashFirm News, 05.16.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in Financing its $358 Million Acquisition of U.S. Oil & Refining Co. in WashingtonFirm News, 01.15.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the Closing of its $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 12.20.2018
- Firm News, 11.19.2018
- Firm News, 10.26.2018
- Firm News, 10.05.2018
- Recognition, 09.07.2018
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 08.30.2018
- Firm News, 05.31.2018
- Firm News, 03.27.2018
- Firm News, 12.21.2017
- Firm News, 09.05.2017
- Firm News, 05.26.2017
- Firm News, 02.07.2017
- Firm News, 09.06.2016
- Firm News, 06.21.2016
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in the $271M Proposed Acquisition of Wyoming Refining CompanyFirm News, 06.17.2016
- Firm News, 09.08.2015
- Porter Hedges Receives American Lawyer 2015 Global Legal Award for Global Finance Deal of the Year: Project FinanceFirm News, 07.23.2015
- Porter Hedges Advises Par Petroleum in Connection with New Supply and Offtake Agreement with Goldman Sachs’ Trading SubsidiaryFirm News, 06.02.2015
- Media Mention, 12.04.2018
- "Deal of the Week: Houston industrial services co. acquired by PE firm, merges with Canada co.," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 02.10.2017
- Media Mention, 12.23.2014
- Speaker: St. John's School, East Asian Affinity Group AssemblySpeaking Engagement, 02.01.2017
State Bar of Texas, Member
American Bar Association, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member
Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
Asian American Bar Foundation, Trustee and Vice Chair (2011 - current)
Asian American Bar Association of Houston, Chair of the Board of Directors (2014 and 2015) and Director (2011 and 2012)
Asian American Bar Association of Houston, President (2010)
Breakthrough Houston, Advisory Council Member (2019)
Judy's Mission Possible Luncheon, Host Committee (Spring 2017)
Women's Finance Exchange, Houston Chapter, Board Member (2008 -2009)
Child Care Council of Greater Houston, Inc., a United Way Agency, Board Member (2007-2009)
Vanderbilt University, Oak Leaf Society
Louisiana School for Math, Science and the Arts, 1983 Society