Joyce currently serves as Co-Managing Partner – External Affairs for the firm, prioritizing lateral recruiting, marketing and business development, innovation, strategy, and growth. She is also Chair of the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Committee, a position she has held since 2017, and leads the Finance Section at the firm.
Joyce has maintained a wide and varied finance practice for over 20 years. Her clients include domestic and foreign banks, private lenders, administrative agents, and public and private companies who are involved in secured and unsecured financings, such as asset-based loans, syndicated, club and single lender credit facilities, real estate loans, acquisition financings, letter of credit facilities, equipment loans, note purchase and sale transactions, leasing transactions and debt workouts and restructurings. She is a trusted advisor who guides clients as they navigate complex transactions from term sheet to closing.
Before joining Porter Hedges, Joyce served as Associate General Counsel in the legal department of a NYSE-listed company at its corporate headquarters in Houston. In that capacity she handled various corporate matters, with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions.
Honors & Recognitions
Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Finance Law
Houstonia Magazine, “Top Lawyers - Banking and Financial”
Law360, Named as “Minority Powerbroker”
Law360, Named as “Female Powerbroker”
Texas Super Lawyers, Banking - Top Women Attorneys in Texas
Texas Rising Stars, Banking
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 1997
B.A., Vanderbilt University, cum laude, 1994
Harvard Law School Executive Education, Women's Leadership Initiative, 2019
Joyce’s representations have included the following:
- Administrative Agent in a syndicated revolving credit facility to a private equity fund.
- A marine transportation company in a $295,000,000 secured term loan facility.
- One of the top asset-based lenders in the United States with more than $10.0 billion in commitments.
- Administrative agent and lead-left arranger in infrastructure financing for the development and construction of gas storage facilities.
- Lessor, administrative agent, and lead arranger in a $600 million synthetic lease for a headquarters building.
- Equity investors in a liquefaction project and related due diligence matters.
- Buyer/borrower in the acquisition of Tesoro Hawaii by Par Petroleum Corporation.
- Lender in financings involving a regasification project and related collateral.
- Sale-leaseback transaction for retail convenience store operator.
- DIP financings.
- National bank’s Corporate Trust Department in its capacity as indenture trustee, collateral agent, and depositary bank in numerous capital market transactions.
- Porter Hedges Receives Top Designation from Leadership Council on Legal Diversity for Third Straight YearFirm News, 11.21.2023
- Firm News, 10.24.2023
- Firm News, 10.10.2023
- Firm News, 10.05.2023
- Firm News, 08.17.2023
- The Houston Business Journal Once Again Names Porter Hedges Among the Largest Real Estate Firms in HoustonRecognition, 06.02.2023
- ACG Houston Awards the U.S. Well Services Acquisition by ProFrac Holdings as Oilfield Services Deal of the YearFirm News, 05.24.2023
- Firm News, 03.20.2023
- Firm News, 11.14.2022
- Firm News, 10.16.2022
- Firm News, 08.18.2022
- Porter Hedges Represents Austin-based Longhorn Car-Truck Rental in its Sale of Assets to Herc Rentals Inc.Firm News, 08.10.2022
- Firm News, 08.08.2022
- Firm News, 06.27.2022
- Firm News, 06.23.2022
- Firm News, 04.12.2022
- Firm News, 04.06.2022
- Firm News, 04.01.2022
- Firm News, 03.16.2022
- Firm News, 02.10.2022
- Firm News, 08.04.2021
- Porter Hedges Represents Carriage Services in its $400 Million Private Offering of Senior Notes and Entry into Amended and Restated Credit FacilityFirm News, 05.14.2021
- Firm News, 04.08.2021
- Firm News, 04.06.2021
- Firm News, 03.18.2021
- Firm News, 03.15.2021
- Firm News, 03.01.2021
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in $116M Sale-Leaseback of 22 Retail Convenience Store Properties located in HawaiiFirm News, 02.19.2021
- Firm News, 10.29.2020
- Firm News, 09.30.2020
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in its Pricing of Private Offering of $105 Million of 12.875% Senior Secured Notes Due 2026Firm News, 05.28.2020
- Recognition, 03.09.2020
- Porter Hedges Represents Carriage Services in its $75 Million Senior Notes Offering and Amendment to its Credit FacilityFirm News, 12.19.2019
- Recognition, 09.03.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in its Agreements to Exchange $31.7 Million of its 5.00% Convertible Senior Notes Due 2021 for Common Stock and CashFirm News, 05.16.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in Financing its $358 Million Acquisition of U.S. Oil & Refining Co. in WashingtonFirm News, 01.15.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the Closing of its $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 12.20.2018
- Firm News, 11.19.2018
- Firm News, 10.26.2018
- Firm News, 10.05.2018
- Recognition, 09.07.2018
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 08.30.2018
- Firm News, 05.31.2018
- Firm News, 03.27.2018
- Firm News, 12.21.2017
- Recognition, 09.05.2017
- Recognition, 05.26.2017
- Firm News, 02.07.2017
- Recognition, 09.06.2016
- Firm News, 06.21.2016
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in the $271M Proposed Acquisition of Wyoming Refining CompanyFirm News, 06.17.2016
- Recognition, 09.08.2015
- Porter Hedges Receives American Lawyer 2015 Global Legal Award for Global Finance Deal of the Year: Project FinanceRecognition, 07.23.2015
- Porter Hedges Advises Par Petroleum in Connection with New Supply and Offtake Agreement with Goldman Sachs’ Trading SubsidiaryFirm News, 06.02.2015
- Media Mention, 10.26.2023
- Media Mention, 10.25.2023
- Media Mention, 10.25.2023
- Media Mention, 10.24.2023
- "More Than A Dozen Homegrown Texas Law Firms Earned Mansfield Certification This Year," Texas LawyerMedia Mention, 10.18.2023
- "Houston-based fracking services company U.S. Well Services to be acquired," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 06.24.2022
- Media Mention, 06.21.2022
- Media Mention, 12.04.2018
- "Deal of the Week: Houston industrial services co. acquired by PE firm, merges with Canada co.," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 02.10.2017
- Media Mention, 12.23.2014
- "Tall in the Saddle: Managing Practice Leader Performance & Group Profitability," 28th Annual Marketing Partner ForumSpeaking Engagement, 08.20.2021
- Panelist: The Women, Diversity & Change Summit: HoustonSpeaking Engagement, 05.16.2019
- Speaker: St. John's School, East Asian Affinity Group AssemblySpeaking Engagement, 02.01.2017
State Bar of Texas, Member
American Bar Association, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member
Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
Breakthrough Houston, Advisory Board Member (2023-current) and Board of Directors and Executive Committee (2019-2023)
Asian American Bar Foundation, Advisory Board Member (2023- current) and Chair of the Board of Trustees (2019-2022)
Asian American Bar Association of Houston, Chair of the Board of Directors (2014 and 2015) and Director (2011 and 2012)
Asian American Bar Association of Houston, President (2010), President-Elect (2009), Vice President of Programs (2008), Gala Co-Chair (2007)
Judy’s Mission Possible Luncheon, Host Committee (Spring 2017)
Women’s Finance Exchange, Houston Chapter, Board Member (2008-2009)
Child Care Council of Greater Houston, Inc., a United Way Agency, Board Member (2007-2009)
Vanderbilt University, Oak Leaf Society
Louisiana School for Math, Science and the Arts, 1983 Society